Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you wear a poppy 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

wazky wrote: »
    Pity clubs can't respect his decision not to wear it though.

Not to mention the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Surly Whelan could not force a player to wear a poppy and Mclean could sue him for restricting his playing career.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Yup twas last weeks one she had recorded to watch before watching this weeks one. Ah well I admit when am wrong and there i was ROYALLY wrong :D

Your unwillingness to properly research the things you say and your willingness to swallow the first thing you read that agrees with your bias, is at times breathtaking.
    Unfortunately you aren't alone on here as others indulge in NOT properly questioning and interrogating what they consume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Happyman42 wrote: »
    When you calm down please remember, this is not a thread about the Irish army or government. It is about the poppy and the wearing of it, which the Irish army don't do and don't expect anybody to do for them.

Is it? Because so far you have managed to criticise pretty much everything British, even the Olympic opening ceremony ffs.

Is it? Because so far you have managed to criticise pretty much everything British, even the Olympic opening ceremony ffs.

Everything Fred? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

HansHolzel wrote: »
    Would one find many books in your house??

Are you Mr perfect? Never made an error in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,466 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pity clubs can't respect his decision not to wear it though.

This is how Nazi Germany started;)

bumper234 wrote:
    He said "pretty much"

"So by criticising the choice of content for an Olympics opening as part of a point about growing British nationalism and misplaced pride is to 'pretty much' criticise 'everything British'?

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...fairly sure he didn't slag off the hobnob.

Nodin wrote: »

Still 6 hours of remembrance Sunday to go and then tomorrow is armistice day so pretty much anything could happen in the next 30 hours:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

hmmmm

Graphic2.jpg
    photo sharing sites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

kabakuyu wrote: »

Dead leg apparently. That and he was on Twitter saying he was a Celine dion and boyzone fan. For that reason alone he should be banned for the rest of the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

There has just been a 10 minute programme on R.T.E. about a Muslim religious ceremony.
    Has anyone been offended? Who can we complain to? Joe isn't on until tomorrow. I don't think I can keep my level of offended feelings going that long

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    There has just been a 10 minute programme on R.T.E. about a Muslim religious ceremony.
    Has anyone been offended? Who can we complain to? Joe isn't on until tomorrow. I don't think I can keep my level of offended feelings going that long

Wtf?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Wtf?

MORAL OF POST. If people are the type that like being offended they will always find something to offend them.

Poppy Day is like the Spanish Students on the buses. It comes every year and goes every year. People should get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 22,117 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The poppy represents the BA from WWI so its more about recent war crimes.

Not according to ITV news it remembers those Killed in Afganistan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,117 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Really?

Whats the odds that some of the soldiers who shot innocent Nationalists that day were "proudly" wearing the poppy this week?

Or getting money from the fund

Personally I couldn't give a flying **** what any of you think, when I buy my poppy it's from a guy like this. These men are the reason I continue to and always will buy my poppy.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x800q80/819/cquf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Personally I couldn't give a flying **** what any of you think, when I buy my poppy it's from a guy like this. These men are the reason I continue to and always will buy my poppy.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x800q80/819/cquf.jpg

Bet he likes giving Werther's Originals to his grandson also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Are you Mr perfect? Never made an error in your life?

I've made many but what has that got to do (directly, at least) with the presence or absence of books in one's dwelling?

I've made many but what has that got to do (directly, at least) with the presence or absence of books in one's dwelling?

What has my dwellings literary contents got to do with the discussion here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there a problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

What has my dwellings literary contents got to do with the discussion here?

In response to my question about books in your house, you (very defensively) said nobody was perfect and asked had I made any mistakes in life.

I've made many but more through inclination than ignorance ;)

But I'm tired of you now. Bye.

In response to my question about books in your house, you (very defensively) said nobody was perfect and asked had I made any mistakes in life.

I've made many but more through inclination than ignorance ;)

But I'm tired of you now. Bye.

Ah ok Pat whatever makes you feel better....run along now pip pip that's a good chappy tally ho and all that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

Why is the mods still keeping this thread going? people are just repeating themselves why they against the poppy and others why they are for poppy.

the real problem is we are watching/reading far too much British telly & newspapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭whats the point

Ah ok Pat whatever makes you feel better....run along now pip pip that's a good chappy tally ho and all that ;)

That post stinks of superiority complex, showing your true colours now bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I've no problem if anyone wants to wear a poppy. It's origins reflect a time when gormless military leaders sent their troops in to battle, facing certain death like fodder. Many Irish men lost their lives in WW1 and WW2, side by side in the trenches with their British friends and comrades. Those men should be remembered and honoured for their sacrifice. The tactics used by both sides should also be remembered for the carnage that ensued

Where I do have a problem is that the current British military appear to have adopted the poppy as a symbol of participation in all their recent conflicts, many of which were (IMO) unjustified. Nowadays there is a lot of pomp and ceremony, even concerts, associated with this Sunday and it is forming part of the military identity. It's being used as a display of nationalism and I'm sure it results in a spike in people enlisting.

Surely the day should be remembered in more solemn manner

Dear me. The mask has well and truly slipped now.

• Advertisement

That post stinks of superiority complex, showing your true colours now bumper.

Auto correct is a terrible thing changed pal to pat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement