Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY El Clasico coverage

• 23-10-2013 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

It said on the telly if I'm not mistaken that the kick off's at 17.00 and the coverage starts at 17.15, huh ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

dd972 wrote: »
    It said on the telly if I'm not mistaken that the kick off's at 17.00 and the coverage starts at 17.15, huh ?:confused:

British blackout laws dont allow live football between 14.45 to 17.15 on a saturday. My times may be wrong but something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sure for the last Clasico of last season it was a 3pm KO. Sky couldn't show it live. I think they tried to pass it off a live at 7pm for people who didn't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Iang87 wrote: »
    British blackout laws dont allow live football between 14.45 to 17.15 on a saturday. My times may be wrong but something to that effect.

Your times are correct. Sky Sports La Liga twitter account tweeted about that yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

gimmick wrote: »
    Sure for the last Clasico of last season it was a 3pm KO. Sky couldn't show it live. I think they tried to pass it off a live at 7pm for people who didn't know!

Yeah and they still had one of the guys on Soccer Saturday (think it was Charlie) doing live updates on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why is it on at that time?
    Is 9pm not prime time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Iang87 wrote: »

English and Scottish FA signed up for it just Welsh FA did not and they are able to show games any time which is why you get Welsh games on SC4 on Saturdays at 3:15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Will they be showing the game live from 5:15 or will they delay it by 15 mins and start at kick off?

Jernal wrote: »
    Will they be showing the game live from 5:15 or will they delay it by 15 mins and start at kick off?

Should delay it to cut out half time and show 2nd half live

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

JPA wrote: »
    Is 9pm not prime time?

9pm Saturday should be its time alright.

The only thing guaranteeable about the La Liga schedules is that this fixture won't be on at noon on Sunday. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Why are we in Ireland affected by this, we do pay for Sky Sports, so we in Ireland should be allowed to see the start of the match at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jernal wrote: »

They just wont show the opening 15 Id say. Thats generally what happens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    Why are we in Ireland affected by this, we do pay for Sky Sports, so we in Ireland should be allowed to see the start of the match at least.

Basically because we're a tiny part of their market and they're not going to change schedules for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Basically because we're a tiny part of their market and they're not going to change schedules for us.

But they can target their ads at us.

from adverts on sky it looks like they will be joining the 1st half live so we will miss some of the games because of the English & Scottish FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ireland are actually a fairly decent part of their market.....surprisingly so given our population and size. Sky have a crazy attachment rate over here. Walk down any estate throughout the country and you will see their little dishes on the side of nearly every house.

JPA wrote: »
    Is 9pm not prime time?

Some are saying its on at 5 so its prime time in the middle east. sure same thing happened to the game last season when Barcelona where at home but sky did not show it live they held off and showed the full game at 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

from adverts on sky it looks like they will be joining the 1st half live so we will miss some of the games because of the English & Scottish FA

Damn those FA's for trying to protect their clubs!

It wont stop alot from watching the start of the game! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Dempsey wrote: »

I can't understand it though. In Germany Sky Deutschland broadcast three live Bundesliga matches at 3:30 on a Saturday and they have the highest attendances in Europe.
    And as you said anyone who wants to watch a game will get to see it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I can't understand it though. In Germany Sky Deutschland broadcast three live Bundesliga matches at 3:30 on a Saturday and they have the highest attendances in Europe.

It's to protect lower leagues attendances, not Premier League.

Thing is is Germany trying to keep 92 pro clubs going

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

Nothing wrong with what the FA's are doing just a bad situation for the broadcaster where they broadcast games into 5 different places but follow the rules of 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The German Model is just much better. When I say better, I mean its better for the fans. I suspect those stadiums are full and thus live matches dont have any impact on attendances? Cant you pay to watch any live match in Germany too?

The British Model is flawed, it protects high ticket prices and means that its a real challenge to fill stadiums and therefore clubs are unwilling to allow 3 o clock matches to be shown on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The Bundesliga also has the cheapest match tickets and season tickets of all the big leagues in Europe, it's possible to buy a tickert for Bayern for £12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The British model is severely flawed. Legislation or blackouts is really going to help solve anything either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Five matches on Saturday afternoons actually. They can broadcast them because most people have no reason to stay away from the stadium, since it will cost you just as much to watch at a bar. 2/3 hours at a bar will cost you more than a match ticket in most cases.

The PL shouldn't be on the same time as the lower leagues either IMO. I know it's tradition, but f*ck it.

Advertisement