If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 year warranty on TVs

Options
  • 23-10-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about a new TV,something 40-46" and I notice a large number of your tvs have free 5 year warranty. Can you tell me is this a constant offer as won't be buying until Nov (wife wants 46" TV but no idea where we can put it!)

Bought z81 from you in 2008 and foxsat+ in 2009, great purchases.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thinking about a new TV,something 40-46" and I notice a large number of your tvs have free 5 year warranty. Can you tell me is this a constant offer as won't be buying until Nov (wife wants 46" TV but no idea where we can put it!)

At the moment there are a good few of our branded TV's which include a 5 year warranty - however honestly this can change overnight dependant on the specific product and market pricing.

Also on ocassion we don't do the 5 year offering for ROI Customers if we do a special Boardie price or individual pricing - however if the TV is purchased at the web pricing then we will always match the UK pricing and T's and C's..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

At the moment there are a good few of our branded TV's which include a 5 year warranty - however honestly this can change overnight dependant on the specific product and market pricing.

Also on ocassion we don't do the 5 year offering for ROI Customers if we do a special Boardie price or individual pricing - however if the TV is purchased at the web pricing then we will always match the UK pricing and T's and C's..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for your speedy reply. I was assuming the price list you gave in a recent thread e.g. Samsung 46F6320 was the price including 5 year warranty as the link suggests. Can you advise if this is the case at that price and what the delivery to Cork would be. Whats better about the 46F5000 and am I silly getting a 46" tv??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Thedriver, yes that price on the Samsung 6320 at £699.95 would include the 5 year.

Delivery would be £19.95 on the 46".

The 5000 model that you referred to is a very basic model in comparison.

It does not have 3D, no wifi, no smart system, is 100Hz compared to 200Hz on the 6320, the 5000 only has 2 HDMI inputs instead of 4 on the 6320 and there are lots of other things missing from the 5000.

If you wanted a more cost effective TV than the 6320 then the LG 47LN570 which is £579.95 and comes with free wireless adaptor.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-47LN570V

This is quite similar to the 6320 in features but is more affordable.

Delivery on this would be £19.95 also.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Thedriver, yes that price on the Samsung 6320 at £699.95 would include the 5 year.

It does not have 3D, no wifi, no smart system, is 100Hz compared to 200Hz on the 6320, the 5000 only has 2 HDMI inputs instead of 4 on the 6320 and there are lots of other things missing from the 5000.

If you wanted a more cost effective TV than the 6320 then the LG 47LN570 which is £579.95 and comes with free wireless adaptor.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Dave

Dave,
    My mistake on the model number, its the Samsung 6500 I was wondering about as its only slightly more expensive than 6320 on your website however anything worth the extra?? You have answered the q about the series 5 samsung though.

Thanks for all the info.
    What kind of lead time is there from ordering to delivery BTW?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Dave

Dave,
    My mistake on the model number, its the Samsung 6500 I was wondering about as its only slightly more expensive than 6320 on your website however anything worth the extra?? You have answered the q about the series 5 samsung though.

Thanks for all the info.
    What kind of lead time is there from ordering to delivery BTW?
    Hi Driver,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Few differences between the two.  The 6500 is a 400hz screen and has a Freesat tuner built in.  It also uses Samsung's voice activation service which is pretty slick.

We try our best to have most screens in stock.  If not we get one delivery in a week on a Friday so usually there isn't a massive turn around time if the stock is in stock.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Driver,

Few differences between the two.  The 6500 is a 400hz screen and has a Freesat tuner built in.  It also uses Samsung's voice activation service which is pretty slick.

We try our best to have most screens in stock.  If not we get one delivery in a week on a Friday so usually there isn't a massive turn around time if the stock is in stock.

Chris

Excellent, thanks for replies. Will give you a shout in 2 weeks when I get paid to order. Last clarification before I make up my mind: Is it £699 for the 6230 and £749 for the 6500 and both come with 5 year warranty and £19.95 delivery for either TV ? Till then.....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Driver,

Chris

Excellent, thanks for replies. Will give you a shout in 2 weeks when I get paid to order. Last clarification before I make up my mind: Is it £699 for the 6230 and £749 for the 6500 and both come with 5 year warranty and £19.95 delivery for either TV ? Till then.....
    The Driver,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The UE46F6320 is £699.95 including the 5 year warranty - Shipping would be £19.95
    The UE46F6500 is £749.95 including the 5 year warranty - Shipping would be £29.95

There are very few differences between these two - the main difference is the 6320 does not include the satellite tuner and its a 200 Hz motion processing unit.

If 3D wasnt vital id also suggest the 47LN570V which is a 100 Hz model including a satellite tuner and wifi dongle at just £579.95 with £19.95 delivery - have a look online here:

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.