Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic / Broken Cab in Dublin

Options
  • 23-10-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey guys looking to get a mame cab for the house but don't want the hassle of building from scratch so wondering if someone had something I could use as a base.

Idea would be to buy the bits to redo a control panel then I have monitors/PC's/speakers etc knocking round and fit them in.

I'm in Clonskeagh but would be able to collect most places in Dublin
    Anyone have something that might suit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Turlock wrote: »
    Hey guys looking to get a mame cab for the house but don't want the hassle of building from scratch so wondering if someone had something I could use as a base.

Idea would be to buy the bits to redo a control panel then I have monitors/PC's/speakers etc knocking round and fit them in.

I'm in Clonskeagh but would be able to collect most places in Dublin
    Anyone have something that might suit?

I have an electro coin centi that you can have for 100, the control panel is stripped and it has a working screen.

Would be a decent mame started if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Turlock wrote: »
    Please don't replace an arcade monitor with a pc one or LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

purplec wrote: »
    I have an electro coin centi that you can have for 100, the control panel is stripped and it has a working screen.

Would be a decent mame started if your interested

That sounds great, any pics and whereabouts are you?

Only reason I'd replace the screen is that I don't have a clue what input they take. Can you get VGA into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They take RGB which you can get from a vga card in a PC but they need 15khz but a standard VGA outputs 31khz, the easiest way to get around this is by using an arcadeVGA graphics card or a more tech savvy/Free way which works with a variety of different cards is a piece of software called Soft15khz.
    If you do decide to bin that CRT give me a shout and I'll gladly dispose of it for you :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement