Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule of cabinet updates/accuracy of Fibre map?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I'm having trouble at the minute reconciling why I'm being told eFibre isn't available at an address that falls within the green bounding box around our exchange? I attempted to ask the question to a web-sales agent but they weren't helpful, just directing us to the expression of interest page which we filled in months ago.

So what's up with the map? It's fairly specific around the Longford exchange, the shape of the green area doesn't appear to be a "rough" map at all with some sharp distinctions between roads that can and can not get it. Is it our local cabinet that hasn't been upgraded? Is there a schedule or?

Any help would be appreciated, it's been 10 years now since the days of ISDN and eircom's first DSL offering and we couldn't get those either. The map gives us some small measure of hope, but right now we're in the dark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

So I'm having trouble at the minute reconciling why I'm being told eFibre isn't available at an address that falls within the green bounding box around our exchange? I attempted to ask the question to a web-sales agent but they weren't helpful, just directing us to the expression of interest page which we filled in months ago.

So what's up with the map? It's fairly specific around the Longford exchange, the shape of the green area doesn't appear to be a "rough" map at all with some sharp distinctions between roads that can and can not get it. Is it our local cabinet that hasn't been upgraded? Is there a schedule or?

Any help would be appreciated, it's been 10 years now since the days of ISDN and eircom's first DSL offering and we couldn't get those either. The map gives us some small measure of hope, but right now we're in the dark.

Hi TouchingVirus,

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is there any chance Eircom might provide me with the GPS co-ords of our local cabinet so we could keep an eye out for works?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

EIRCOM ARE A JOKE. YOU ARE BETTER GETTING BROADBAND ELSEWHERE IF YOU CAN. THE MAP TELLS YOU WHERE E-FIBRE IS AVAILABLE IN THE NEXT YEAR AND THE ONES FROM LAST YEARS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. MY AREA IS AVAILABLE ON THE MAP SINCE LAST AUGUST BUT THEY CANNOT TELL ME WHAT YEAR I CAN GET IT. THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEY WHY THEY ADVERTISE FREE BROADBAND FOR 6 MONTHS, IT IS NOT AVAILABLE

Ease up on the capslock there Dave, I wouldn't be here if I had another option :) I'm just trying to get more details like the name of the cabinet I'm hooked up to so I can try guesstimate the rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

best of luck getting info from them. i have tried since last august.

• Advertisement

Howdy folks, has this one been missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

Ease up on the capslock there Dave, I wouldn't be here if I had another option :) I'm just trying to get more details like the name of the cabinet I'm hooked up to so I can try guesstimate the rollout.
    If they tell you which cabinet your hooked up too, I will personally go on Twiitter and tell Eircom I love them. I've been asking for months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

That's a crowdsourced effort. It's entirely possible it is either incomplete or inaccurate.

Come on folks, have to admit I'm not a huge fan of being ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Come on folks, have to admit I'm not a huge fan of being ignored.
    Hi TouchingVirus

I'm afraid Tracey is not with us here anymore, we would not be able to offer you GPS co-ordinates of the cabinet your line is connected to. Did Tracey get back to your PM in October?

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. Tracey got back to me in October, the PM sent is below:
    I have checked this for you and I can confirm the Fibre service has been enabled in your exchange however it also needs to be connected at your address for the service to work and I'm afraid this has not been done as of yet. We have no lead times or roll out plan for the address, Eircom will contact you when it's available to order. 

Thanks 

Tracey

So it has been four months since then, the eircom map still says I am in an enabled area and I still can't get it. The reason I requested to find out what cabinet I'm connected to was because I'm aware that one of the proposed new eFibre cabinets for the country is in the local village. When this cabinet is commissioned will we be swapped over - is that when I get eFibre? If I could find out what cabinet I'm connected to now maybe I'll know. I tried tracing the phone line to the cab but I was unsuccessful. This really is a case of are we getting eFibre at all? Because if we're not I don't want to waste my time wondering about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Al,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. Tracey got back to me in October, the PM sent is below:
    I have checked this for you and I can confirm the Fibre service has been enabled in your exchange however it also needs to be connected at your address for the service to work and I'm afraid this has not been done as of yet. We have no lead times or roll out plan for the address, Eircom will contact you when it's available to order. 

Thanks 

Tracey

So it has been four months since then, the eircom map still says I am in an enabled area and I still can't get it. The reason I requested to find out what cabinet I'm connected to was because I'm aware that one of the proposed new eFibre cabinets for the country is in the local village. When this cabinet is commissioned will we be swapped over - is that when I get eFibre? If I could find out what cabinet I'm connected to now maybe I'll know. I tried tracing the phone line to the cab but I was unsuccessful. This really is a case of are we getting eFibre at all? Because if we're not I don't want to waste my time wondering about it.
    No worries TouchingVirus

Please PM me your address or landline number and I will double check this for any further information.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement