Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency trying to change contract

Options
  • 23-10-2013 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I've been contracting for years and recently just started a new contract through an agency. Basically after less than a month they have turned around and back on their word and are trying to say that the contract has the incorrect rate on it. A daily rate rather than hourly, which would mean I get paid less.

From the get go when I applied for the role, it was stated that its a daily rate, in emails , it was a daily rate and when the 11 month contract was issued it was issued with a daily rate.

There is no clause in the contract for cancellation under these terms. Would they be in breach of contract if they try and cancel it and reissue with different terms.

My phone calls and emails have gone unanswered from the agency today even though I know this person is in the office. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

They can't change the terms of the contract without your accepting the new terms. That said they could just serve notice on the contract within the agreed terms and notice of the existing contract. I would say you need to negotiate carefully and cleverly on this so avoid losing the contract altogether. You may need to compromise to some extent if you wish to hold on to the contract.

Good luck.

Advertisement