Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thorntons recycling Maynooth

Options
  • 23-10-2013 3:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone elses green bin was not collected last week and if they offered you a solution?
    I find their customer service terrible but their service in general good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Ours was collected as normal.
    Their service is so much better than AES, so I don't think we've ever had cause to ring customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Collected fine. Never had a single issue with them, not one missed collection and the green bin that was left behind by the old owner (well, he died...) was removed on the set date whereas AES just turned up at random somewhere in the region of 11 months after he'd died looking for him by name (there were both AES and Thorntons bins)

With AES I had at least five missed collections and spent in excess of two hours on the phone to them in the space of a single year; I'd never had to call KCC before they took over and I've never had to call Thorntons other than to get that spare bin removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

OP Did you pay your 50 quid quid service fee that may be due..... happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I thought they billed January-January?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we pay by weight so pay 230 a year.
    No one on this road had theirs collected.

• Advertisement

I'm behind you (as far as I can tell...) and mine was; very odd. I didn't put it out, I'll ask if they came particularly early or late. But its definitely empty as it was pretty much at the top and had nothing in it today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Weird,maybe there was a car blocking our road as often happens with people going to the shop.
    I put it out the night before as do the neighbours and I left it out for 2 days as did some of them.
    Ah well,
    Annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Weird,maybe there was a car blocking our road as often happens with people going to the shop.
    I put it out the night before as do the neighbours and I left it out for 2 days as did some of them.
    Ah well,
    Annoying though.

Did you try asking them?

Ours wasnt collected either, but the water meters were being installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

dobsdave wrote: »
    Did you try asking them?

The works were a pain in the arse to get around but in no part of maynooth did they stop me getting down any roads, I drive for AES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Mahlon's all the way, they may only have 2 bins but I've never had any issues at all, and they empty the bins during the daytime

• Advertisement

dobsdave wrote: »
    Did you try asking them?

I did that is how I know that their customer service is not so good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DexterCat

With Thorntons too, the black bin wasn't collected one morning a couple of months back, turned out that the chip reader on the lorry couldn't read the chip on our bin. I emailed them to find out why, they did get back to me on the same day but 5-6 hours later. They advised to leave the bin out the following Sunday night and it would be collected Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JuneW

Im very surprised to hear that
    Ive always found there customer service impeccable. I was with KCC & AES and they hadnt got much customer focus. Thornotns always get back to me with 24 hours. last time my bin wasnt taken they had a photo of my bin and someone had placed rubbish in my recyling bin! very efficient and they arranged for a collection a few days later.

Advertisement