Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to move to in UK?

• 23-10-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi. I'm going to be moving from Ireland to the UK in the next few months or so just wondering what would be the most ideal place. I'm coming from from a real rural area - properly out in the sticks!! - so I'm not sure about a big busy place like London (although whenever I'm there I love it, just not sure would I like to live there full time!).

I'm a 21 year old male with a college degree...

Looking for:

Preferably in England (Though not essential)
    Career Opportunities,
    Decent nightlife,
    Friendly locals,
    Safe surroundings (no high crime rates),
    Open-minded people (not judgmental),
    A great community feel,
    Some things to do,
    Somewhere I can make friends.

Obviously I wont get it all as there's no place on Earth that exists like this. But all suggestions are helpful :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

mb20064 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm going to be moving from Ireland to the UK in the next few months or so just wondering what would be the most ideal place. I'm coming from from a real rural area - properly out in the sticks!! - so I'm not sure about a big busy place like London (although whenever I'm there I love it, just not sure would I like to live there full time!).

I'm a 21 year old male with a college degree...

Looking for:

Preferably in England (Though not essential)
    Career Opportunities,
    Decent nightlife,
    Friendly locals,
    Safe surroundings (no high crime rates),
    Open-minded people (not judgmental),
    A great community feel,
    Some things to do,
    Somewhere I can make friends.

Obviously I wont get it all as there's no place on Earth that exists like this. But all suggestions are helpful :)

Thanks

Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I would look for a job first and then ask. If you are looking for a job on a farm, then Devon, if you are in IT then the Thames valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Dublin?

I spat my tea out! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Munich Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

I'm a 21 year old male from a small village in mayo. I moved to Glasgow about four months ago, I did not really plan to much before hand, just bought a ticket a left two weeks later.

Every thing is going alright so far, it's a nice city, good nightlife, easy to get around, like most place's you'll make friends if you get out there and make an effort.

I lived with relations for a little while in manchester aswel. Friendly people there aswel, was only out a few times there but it was pretty good aswel, I liked the place.

If you have any questions let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Similar to the above with Glasgow, I couldn't recommend Edinburgh highly enough.

One thing I would suggest is book somewhere that's close to an airport so you can pop home when the mood takes you.

Advertisement