Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appalling service from JD Sports

Options
  • 23-10-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a pair of runners using the JD Sports online shop sunday afternoon, my payment I was told was not accepted or declined but my card was still charged. I never once received a email or a status updated about my order. I swiftly contacted them via Email that night explaining my situation, received a automated reply stating it could take up to 48 hours or two days for a reply. It is now Wednesday afternoon and still nothing, tried finding a contact telephone number with no luck, rang the store in Blanchardstown explaining my situation was just given a email. Not to sure where I stand at this moment and time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You could try getting in touch via social media, i.e. Facebook or Twitter.

Or have you tried the Live Chat functionality on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Have tried the live chat multiple times daily since Monday, never once has it been available. I will try send them a email through Facebook now thanks.

Have been since talking to a member of staff using Facebook. I was asked to provide my full name and address which I did, then being told they were unable locate any recent orders with the information provide could I please call the following number "08442641000". Trouble I am facing now is I am unable to call the number provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's a UK number. 00448442641000

Yes, the representative rang myself instead. They advised me to contact my bank as they could see the payment but it has not been completed on their behalf. Is this normal procedure have not been in this situation before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Was it a debit or credit card? There's a chance that the money was "reserved" and will be released after a period of time.

Debit card, am still waiting for the online banking to show the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It may never show up on line banking if it is reserved but if you go to try take out all your money it will tell you you dont have that much.

GEt on to your bank and see if they can see the reserved amount.

Went into the bank yesterday, everything sorted then and there. Just be more careful next time I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

so it was a bank error and not a JD sports error and as they did not have any of your order details they could not possibly contact you or send you any automated emails about the order.

Maybe before shouting "appalling service from whoever" and giving a good retailer an unwarranted bad name find out the REAL info first.

• Advertisement

sandin wrote: »
    so it was a bank error and not a JD sports error and as they did not have any of your order details they could not possibly contact you or send you any automated emails about the order.

Maybe before shouting "appalling service from whoever" and giving a good retailer an unwarranted bad name find out the REAL info first.

Maybe you should read the thread before shouting insults. JD had my email address, home address & telephone number. I contacted them via email Sunday afternoon only to get a response yesterday afternoon great customer service there :rolleyes: It was on JD behalf whichever system the use for money transfers. My PayPal account failed as I had my old card on the account own human error. Still does not explain why the transaction failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You had a reply by the fifth working day to something that was a mess up between you and the bank. They don't seem to have much of a hand, act or part in the situation, to be perfectly honest.

stevek93 wrote: »
    Maybe you should read the thread before shouting insults. JD had my email address, home address & telephone number. I contacted them via email Sunday afternoon only to get a response yesterday afternoon great customer service there :rolleyes: It was on JD behalf whichever system the use for money transfers. My PayPal account failed as I had my old card on the account own human error. Still does not explain why the transaction failed.

please show where I have shouted an "insult" - I don't do insults, Common sense and courtesy gets me by quite well in life.

Online systems are automatic - if a payment has failed, the order does not get seen. It was not their system that failed, your bank did not authorise the payment. Not JD's issue in anyway whatsoever.

Your email, without an order number, would be difficult to answer. I operate a relatively small online store and would have over 200 orders on a monday morning. My guess is someone like JD would have 2000+ orders and then you expect them to deal with an issue not concerning them immediately without you giving them a reference number to find the issue.

As you said, your bank was able to sort it out - if it was a JD issue, your bank would not be able to sort it out that quickly.

sandin wrote: »
    please show where I have shouted an "insult" - I don't do insults, Common sense and courtesy gets me by quite well in life.

Online systems are automatic - if a payment has failed, the order does not get seen. It was not their system that failed, your bank did not authorise the payment. Not JD's issue in anyway whatsoever.

Your email, without an order number, would be difficult to answer. I operate a relatively small online store and would have over 200 orders on a monday morning. My guess is someone like JD would have 2000+ orders and then you expect them to deal with an issue not concerning them immediately without you giving them a reference number to find the issue.

As you said, your bank was able to sort it out - if it was a JD issue, your bank would not be able to sort it out that quickly.

"I never once received a email or a status updated about my order" I think that may mean I also never received a order number if you read correctly. Yes my bank has corrected the mistake. Would be still nice to receive a email from JD telling me my order has failed for whatever reason including a order number instead of leaving me in the dark not knowing what to do. 2000+ orders all the more whey they should have responded more swiftly. Got a responded to my Facebook message almost instant five day to respond to a email no contact number for over seas complete joke.

"I never once received a email or a status updated about my order" I think that may mean I also never received a order number if you read correctly. Yes my bank has corrected the mistake. Would be still nice to receive a email from JD telling me my order has failed for whatever reason including a order number instead of leaving me in the dark not knowing what to do. 2000+ orders all the more whey they should have responded more swiftly. Got a responded to my Facebook message almost instant five day to respond to a email no contact number for over seas complete joke.

you never received an order number because your order did not succeed due to your card being declined. no order = no order number = no emails or any other correspondence because your details did not register due to payment not being confirmed.

That how all online systems work.

Try taking a LITTLE bit of personal responsibility and accept it was YOUR card that failed for whatever reason and stop trying to foist blame where it simply does not lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Can you not see your responsibility in all this. Your bank rejected your card so no order went through. If I was contacted by every company where I looked at items but did not complete the sail, I'd be swamped. No order went through so how or why would they make contact with you?

Actually, most ERP systems would generate an order number, but would only "book" the order once payment was processed. I don't know what systems JD Sports would use, but if the OP had gotten as far as creating and submitting an order, then there should have been a record on the JD Sports system. Especially because they submitted a request to a payments processing gateway.

If JD Sports genuinely didn't have a record of the OP's order, then there's something seriously deficient with their systems.

Just received another email this morning asking to provide a email, home address and telephone number after me responding to the first email on Friday explaining my sisuation has been resolved on, which should has gone on record as so. Talking to the representative on the phone last week I provided them with my card number and was told there was no record of a transaction. Awful system they have in place whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aaron devers

Just received another email this morning asking to provide a email, home address and telephone number after me responding to the first email on Friday explaining my sisuation has been resolved on, which should has gone on record as so. Talking to the representative on the phone last week I provided them with my card number and was told there was no record of a transaction. Awful system they have in place whatever it is.

did you eventually get your order from them in the post?how long did it take?i ordered from the site last monday the 2nd. no email or nothing. contacted through social media.nothing. check my online banking just now and the money has been reserved today.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

same situation has just happened me as the op,, only I tried to order twice. 150 has been taken twice from my BOI account. And i cant get JD sports through any form. email states two days for a return, phone number just rings out been trying it last two hours. Live chat I eventual got, person was seriously rude no help, then just left chat, now I cant get chat again.

I have no reference number as I got no confirmation email. I buy stuff online all the time with no problems what soever. rang BOI they said to get in touch with JDsports.

I agree with the title of this thread, their customer service is a joke. so be warned if buying online from JDsports!! I thought I would save time, very frustrated..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    same situation has just happened me as the op,, only I tried to order twice. 150 has been taken twice from my BOI account. And i cant get JD sports through any form. email states two days for a return, phone number just rings out been trying it last two hours. Live chat I eventual got, person was seriously rude no help, then just left chat, now I cant get chat again.

I have no reference number as I got no confirmation email. I buy stuff online all the time with no problems what soever. rang BOI they said to get in touch with JDsports.

I agree with the title of this thread, their customer service is a joke. so be warned if buying online from JDsports!! I thought I would save time, very frustrated..

Did you take the time to read the thread?
    It's most likely an issue with your bank.
    Get in touch with your bank and then call the number OP was given.

ItsShane wrote: »
    Did you take the time to read the thread?
    It's most likely an issue with your bank.
    Get in touch with your bank and then call the number OP was given.

Well lets see! search archives on boards, find a thread completely relevant to my situation but obviously fail to read the contents.. Of course I read the thread you obnoxious clown.

I rang my Bank, who told me I need to get in contact with JDsports. My issue is I havnt been able to contact them in any form for 2 day. Email phone, their supposed live start system which is non existent.

You think this is acceptable for a major retailer in 2014 yes? its atrocious..

@MrSzyslak - Watch your tone to other posters. No need for abusive comments.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    @MrSzyslak - Watch your tone to other posters. No need for abusive comments.

dudara

Please accept my sincerest apology.. Itsshane your not an clown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you probably just clicked on the order button twice, or reloaded the page.

Sounds like your own fault. I've got them on live chat before. You just have to wait a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Please accept my sincerest apology.. Itsshane your not an clown!!

I pictured Father Jacks infamous apology there lol

RossieMan wrote: »
    you probably just clicked on the order button twice, or reloaded the page.

Sounds like your own fault. I've got them on live chat before. You just have to wait a few minutes.

Why have I received no confirmation email, order number etc.. that my fault too?? Also I already stated after trying for hours yesterday I got someone on livechat, that chatted for a minute gave me a Dublin number to ring, that didn't work, was extremely rude, then just left chat. then surprise live chat was down again havnt been able to get it since.

Comparing this to the many outline retailers I have dealt with over the years the customer is quite frankly terrible. I wont be given them another penny once this is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It is a process known a shadow posting. Basically where you have tried using your card but the terminal accepting the card defaulted and cancelled the transaction while still sending the bank info that your account should be charged. What happens then is that the bank sends a notice to the supplier to confirm the transaction so they can associate tht transaction with their company.

Seeing as the companies terminals defaulted they will have no record of the transaction therefore won't confirm it. Hence why the transaction should state the date of payment followed by the narrative "debit card".

The bank have to wait 5 working days to allow a company time to confirm the transaction. If after the 5 working days it is not confirmed the amount should automatically revert back into your bank account. It won't appear in the credit section, just the original debit will have vanished an of course the amount will be recredited.

If the above isn't applicable to your situation and the company have confirmed the transaction (te name jd sports should appear on your transaction list) then your bank will have a chargeback route to go down, once you provide the bank with enough info they will contact the company on your behalf. The only problem here is that the company has 45 days to respond to the bank.

Sirsok wrote: »
    It is a process known a shadow posting. Basically where you have tried using your card but the terminal accepting the card defaulted and cancelled the transaction while still sending the bank info that your account should be charged. What happens then is that the bank sends a notice to the supplier to confirm the transaction so they can associate tht transaction with their company.

Seeing as the companies terminals defaulted they will have no record of the transaction therefore won't confirm it. Hence why the transaction should state the date of payment followed by the narrative "debit card".

The bank have to wait 5 working days to allow a company time to confirm the transaction. If after the 5 working days it is not confirmed the amount should automatically revert back into your bank account. It won't appear in the credit section, just the original debit will have vanished an of course the amount will be recredited.

If the above isn't applicable to your situation and the company have confirmed the transaction (te name jd sports should appear on your transaction list) then your bank will have a chargeback route to go down, once you provide the bank with enough info they will contact the company on your behalf. The only problem here is that the company has 45 days to respond to the bank.

Great post, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement