Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a small amount of dollars to America

Options
  • 23-10-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I need to send 45 dollars to an individual in the States as payment for a product.

Is it possible to get an international bank draft for that dollar amount? Someone said that
    this is only possible for amounts greater than 500USD.

Second, is sending one of my personal cheques an option? Wiould the person be able to lodge one of my BOI cheques into their American bank account and cash it successfully?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.

What you have been advised is correct, we no longer issue bank drafts for amounts less than €500. The person you are making the payment to would need to clarify with their own bank if they can lodge a personal cheque drawn on a foreign bank.

If there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

el.donz wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to send 45 dollars to an individual in the States as payment for a product.

Is it possible to get an international bank draft for that dollar amount? Someone said that
    this is only possible for amounts greater than 500USD.

Second, is sending one of my personal cheques an option? Wiould the person be able to lodge one of my BOI cheques into their American bank account and cash it successfully?

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Paypal not an easier and handier option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Or cash?

Advertisement