Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos job interview help

Options
  • 23-10-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have an interview with argos tomorrow and I dont know what to wear do i go formal for it ? Grey or black slacks ? Brown or black shoes? What colour shirt? Do i wear a tie?

Any other tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I have an interview with argos tomorrow and I dont know what to wear do i go formal for it ? Grey or black slacks ? Brown or black shoes? What colour shirt? Do i wear a tie?

Any other tips?

Yeah don't overthink things so much... formal is a good bet, colour of slacks doesn't matter, black shoes might be better.. wear a smart shirt, but not something too stand outy. You don't have to wear a tie, but if you feel comfortable with one, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

colour of slacks doesn't matter, black shoes always look well in that situation, nice, crisp shirt, tie would be good, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable don't bother.
    don't forget a jacket that goes with pants, finishes it off nicely. doesn't have to be formal just smart.
    best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

colour of slacks doesn't matter, black shoes always look well in that situation, nice, crisp shirt, tie would be good, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable don't bother.
    don't forget a jacket that goes with pants, finishes it off nicely. doesn't have to be formal just smart.
    best of luck

Just dont go in Trackie bottoms and a Celtic jersey and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keith Mc Donnell 18

Cheers bricking it now but ill let ye know how it goes any way

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Keith Mc Donnell 18

Interview went really well have a followup interview one of the days now so is that a fairly good sign ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Family member worked there last Christmas. Flexibility, initiative and good customer service seem to be key. They seem very good to their employees. Staff discount and holiday pay. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

you passed the first hurdle and have a chance of a second interview, so well done,.
    good luck with the next one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MustardTiger

Hey all does the interview take place in the shop you apply to? I have an interview with them tomorrow. Apprec

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MustardTiger

*Appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I would think so if the location wasn't specified. From my time in retail, store managers would conduct interviews for their own stores in their own stores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement