Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile banking app for Windows phone?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I think I already know what the answer will be but are there any plans to bring out a version of the mobile banking app for Windows phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kryptonmight,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have no immediate plans to launch a dedicated Windows App. If this changes, we will ensure to notify customers via our websites and social media channels.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Hi,

The latest figures (http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/Global/News/Apple-iPhone-5S-outsells-5C-three-to-one-in-Great-Britain) put Windows Phone ownership at over 10% of the market in the UK (and most likely the same in Ireland). I think it is about time for BOI to start creating an app for WP users out there.
    Thanks
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi PaulieC, 

Thanks for posting. 

As my colleague mentioned, there are no immediate plans to introduce a Windows Phone app. If this changes, we will notify our customers. 

We will pass your comments on to our Mobile Banking Team. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Can I add my voice to the "please can we get a windows phone app" too - just switching from iPhone, and this is the only app I use that hasn't got a W8 equivalent.

Hi Merrion, 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

We will pass your comments on to our Mobile Banking Team. 

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I'd also like to add myself to the list of people looking for a Windows Phone app.

Getting more popular by the day.

Thanks

Hi Grudle, 

Thanks for posting. 

We will pass your comments to the Mobile Banking Team. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Count me in too. Then, when I start moaning about fees, you can point to the stunning windows phone app that was built from the ground up to fully utilise the features of the OS and ask how it compares to PTSB's offering :)

Hi delos, 

Many thanks for posting. 

We will pass your suggestion to the Mobile Banking Team. 

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Assuming producing a Windows phone version of the Banking 365 app is still not in BOI's plans, what about a mobile/touch friendly version of the Banking 365 site.

I know some of the other banks have such versions of their online banking sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi kryptonmight[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Although we have not been advised of any immediate plans for a mobile friendly site, we will certainly pass on your suggestion to our 365 Online Development Team. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you again for taking the time to post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Is there any update on plans to introduce the banking app on Windows phones in 2014?

Is there any update on plans to introduce the banking app on Windows phones in 2014?
    Hi guinessdrinker, 

Thanks for your post.

There are no immediate plans to introduce a mobile banking app for Windows Phone. If this changes, we will update the thread with the details. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement