Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any domesticated Ocelot breeds?

• 23-10-2013 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭

I don't really know much about pets. I imagine ocelots come under the wild animal umbrella and would be expensive/illegal to own. Are there any domesticated breeds that are easier under both categories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I apologise in advance...

I know that is incredibly unhelpful but it's amusing and was the first thing I could think of...

:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

As far as I know there is no breed made from crossing with an ocelot. There are some breeds which are made by crossing domestic felines with their wild cousins, the most common of which would be the Bengal, but I don't think there's any with an ocelot. My closest you would get would be an Ocicat, which is an entirely domestic breed which was bred to resemble an ocelot, but even then I don't know of any breeders in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I apologise in advance...

You should never apologise for something with dancing cats in it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Advertisement