Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Push up challenge (are you brave enough ?)

• 23-10-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

One of my mates introduced this to me today. Its called the sally push up challenge. Basically the song say bring sally down bring sally up and you have to wait for the commands.

Did it there for my first time thinking it sounded easy.

Only lasted 1 minute 19 seconds.

Found it so tough I just had to share it with boards :D

The link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-l4bZCkAw

Lets see who can last the longest

1. 1.19 (chriity139)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hi Crossfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

I had to play the video three times but broke down during the third one.

1. 8.09 (Blue Whale)
    2. 1.19 (chriity139)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I lasted 30 seconds before I had to turn that **** song off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm weak. 1.05.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

fun challenge alright and plenty of people doing it with squats also.

This is a proper test though (plenty of people can do ****ty pressups but dips are another story) -

go get it - the paddys bars guys should eat that up???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Transform wrote: »

This is a proper test though (plenty of people can do ****ty pressups but dips are another story) -

Jesus, I can almost feel the arm pump just watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Quick question about dips, my range of motion is good, I don't cross my legs when doing them and I stop when my form starts to suffer. Problem is I find sometimes I end up arching my lower back on the way up, towards the end of a set, is it because my core isn't engaged or isn't engaged enough or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

Dermighty wrote: »
    Quick question about dips, my range of motion is good, I don't cross my legs when doing them and I stop when my form starts to suffer. Problem is I find sometimes I end up arching my lower back on the way up, towards the end of a set, is it because my core isn't engaged or isn't engaged enough or is it something else?

Which way is it arching? Could be where your feet are, position at shoulders, whether your ass is fired. Throw up a video and someone could probably tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Dermighty wrote: »
    normally caused by just switching off your core because you are focusing on just getting bloody back up.

As you would on a heavy back squat - take a big breath, hold it in, do the movement, exhale, repeat.

Hollow holds and hollow rocks can help also to teach you how to stay tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

diegowhite wrote: »
    Which way is it arching? Could be where your feet are, position at shoulders, whether your ass is fired. Throw up a video and someone could probably tell you

Arching back, ie: bending backwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Didn't think it was possible to kip a dip:pac: Will try this out next Saturday at Paddy's Bars.

Made the dudes do it in RevFit with curls today. "Bring sally down" = hold too position of curl.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Hanley wrote: »
    Made the dudes do it in RevFit with curls today. "Bring sally down" = hold too position of curl.

Id say they loved you for that :D

chriity139 wrote: »
    Id say they loved you for that :D

The looks of distain turned into looks of PAIN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://weebls-stuff.com/songs/badgers/

Here is my take on the challenge, every time you hear badgers you must do a push up.

**** you crossfit!

I've got useless at planking again
    Doing it squatting is more craic
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hanley wrote: »

Delighted I wasn't there today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Surely pull ups are where it's at with this scenario?

Advertisement