Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course/taking a year out

Options
  • 23-10-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am currently studying Maths and Statistics as part of the Science course in UCD and I am in Stage 2. I urgently need advice as recently I am having a lot of doubts towards my enjoyment of this course. Can anyone let me know if it is a possibility to drop out of the course for the remainder of this year and then from September either start Stage 2 of the course again or else completely change course and begin from Stage 1. If either of these choices were possible, would I be entitled to any refund of my fees for this year so far?

Thank you for any help in advance,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevob33

By the way, if I did decide to drop out for the rest of the year and take up a new course in September, I'd most likely take up Stage 1 Computer Science and so I' be changing course, but remaining in the Science programme. Would this make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

kevob33 wrote: »
    I am currently studying Maths and Statistics as part of the Science course in UCD and I am in Stage 2. I urgently need advice as recently I am having a lot of doubts towards my enjoyment of this course. Can anyone let me know if it is a possibility to drop out of the course for the remainder of this year and then from September either start Stage 2 of the course again or else completely change course and begin from Stage 1. If either of these choices were possible, would I be entitled to any refund of my fees for this year so far?

Thank you for any help in advance,

Kevin

You'll be able to get some back anyway, not sure if all.

If you want to go to stage one in UCD, you'll probably have to go to apply to the CAO again. Go to the programme office, they're nice and helpful and will tell you what you need to do if you want to do it.

Advertisement