Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the right profile?

• 23-10-2013 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Got Magnet FatPipe70 installed today.

3052454733.png

88263703.png

Extremely happy considering this time last year I was struggling to get 1Mbps download.

Broadband Connection

Type VDSL
    Line Rate (Down / Up) 30720 Kbps / 8191 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 28 dB / 19.6 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 7.5 dB / 2.4 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 13.9 dBm / -15.6 dBm

I see I am on a 30720/8191 profile. Is there a way to get put onto a quicker profile or would my line even support it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Got Magnet FatPipe70 installed today.

3052454733.png

88263703.png

Extremely happy considering this time last year I was struggling to get 1Mbps download.

Broadband Connection

Type VDSL
    Line Rate (Down / Up) 30720 Kbps / 8191 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 28 dB / 19.6 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 7.5 dB / 2.4 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 13.9 dBm / -15.6 dBm

I see I am on a 30720/8191 profile. Is there a way to get put onto a quicker profile or would my line even support it?

i highlighted the important factor in line speeds

for stable vdsl2 & adsl/adsl2 you need minimum snr margin of 7.0db on both upload and download

the lower the attenuation the closer you are to a cabinet its roughly 50metres per 1.0 db of attenuation on down stream

your line is roughly 350 metres from your house to the cabinet (max range 1.2km) (note this is for vdsl2 fttc only) eircom are installing extended range boosters to push fttc upto max 2km from cabinet but max speeds will be limited to 12mb/2mb lowest speed is 7mb/1mb

when eircom switch on vectoring these speeds will improve a bit (note magnet do not own any fibre to cabinet lines they lease lines from eircom and bt wholesale- they only own fibre to home lines which is a different technology)

your line looks good enough for 50mb down 15mb up (possibly 60mb / 15mb)

call magnet and ask for a profile speed increase to this

for adsl attenuation is roughly 100m per 1.0 db eg: 63.5 is max db for attenuation for adsl (max 6.35km from exchange) but eircom have extended range boosters that can push that max line upto 8km but you will never get higher than 1mb/s at 7km from exchange

Advertisement