Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquor rooms

Options
  • 23-10-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, has anyone eaten here? What's the menu like? Price, taste etc.

Their website has nothing on it :confused:
    It looks pricey so i was hoping to get feedback before going

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Didn't even know they served food, was in there to meet a friend one night and all I could think was
    4620905_700b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The lighting in that place makes it look like a scene from a Nicolas Winding Refn movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

They have a 10% discount going on for Dine in Dublin this week.
    And according to their Twitter account:
    ATTENTION FOODIES! Pop in to sample our delicious tasting platters this eve from 5-7pm as part of @dineindublin Yum! pic.twitter.com/ZrSxMjVQdb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

CatLou wrote: »
    They have a 10% discount going on for Dine in Dublin this week.
    And according to their Twitter account:
    I assumed they'd need to put a menu on Dine in Dublin for this, but no :(
    I don't know why they won't show it :confused:

Either way i will pop by, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Seaneh wrote: »
    Didn't even know they served food, was in there to meet a friend one night and all I could think was
    4620905_700b.jpg

Weird. The only time I was there it was full of office people in their suits.

I generally find though that when people talk about 'hipsters', they mean people younger than them. So I guess what Seaneh means is that it was not filled with middle aged people but people in their mid-thirties and down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

reprazant wrote: »
    I generally find though that when people talk about 'hipsters', they mean people younger than them.

Personally when I say it, I mean young men with large framed glasses, plaid shirts and jeans, tattoos/piercings, facial hair, and generally looking like they have put a large amount of effort into their appearance and are interested in fashion. Google 'Joshua Topolsky', he is the quintessential image in my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Personally when I say it, I mean young men with large framed glasses, plaid shirts and jeans, tattoos/piercings, facial hair, and generally looking like they have put a large amount of effort into their appearance and are interested in fashion. Google 'Joshua Topolsky', he is the quintessential image in my mind.

Workman's Club has far more people matching this description than Liquor Rooms.

Liquor Rooms seems to have an older crowd on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Workman's Club has far more people matching this description than Liquor Rooms.

Liquor Rooms seems to have an older crowd on average.

Fair enough, I have no idea what these two places are like anyway, I don't drink. Just chiming in re:hipsters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

reprazant wrote: »
    Weird. The only time I was there it was full of office people in their suits.

I generally find though that when people talk about 'hipsters', they mean people younger than them. So I guess what Seaneh means is that it was not filled with middle aged people but people in their mid-thirties and down.

I was 29 and felt like I was probably of average age, if not young, for the venue, and it was a Saturday so not many "business people" in suits.

try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

So the majority of people where in their 30's and up and were all hipsters? The oldest hipsters in town I guess.

When I was there it looked like one of the most unhipster places about since the majority looked like they had just left the office and/or had got a babysitter in for the first time in a while and it is really quite expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Full of hen nights, stag parties and tourists any time I was there.

Advertisement