Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane one way ticket whv

Options
  • 23-10-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi. has anybody here had any problems going to oz on a one way ticket with a working holiday visa?
    I am flying to Brisbane next year and was just wondering if it would be Ok to book one way as I am not exactly sure about the return date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Dont know anyone whose had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no need to have a return ticket. For the exact reason you've said, you simply don't know.
    I came on a 1 way, and was on my third visa before I bought a return flight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I flew over on a single ticket. No problems. No one i know had any issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Why not buy a return ticket? If you intend returning at any point (within the allowable maximum stay) it would work out cheaper. One way tickets demand a premium, as do return tickets from Australia. Much cheaper to fly to Australia, than from Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

Thanks for the replies. I plan on going in january and getting the regional work done so i can get the second year visa. I think i will purchase the one way ticket. I will have the +5k aud in an account anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

jim1989 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I plan on going in january and getting the regional work done so i can get the second year visa. I think i will purchase the one way ticket. I will have the +5k aud in an account anyway.

Ive never heard of anyone being checked for that either. Thats not to say don't have it, without any financial support you wouldnt wanna bring anything less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Generally you cant buy tickets/flights more than 11 months in advance so you may not be able to able to have a return flight booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

pete4130 wrote: »
    Generally you cant buy tickets/flights more than 11 months in advance so you may not be able to able to have a return flight booked.
    Yeah, one would probably need to book a date and then change. Change fees about 150 with Etihad at least. Probably not worthwhile unless you have a return date in mind.

Advertisement