Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about eircoms service in a changeover.

Options
  • 23-10-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am writing on behalf of my elderly mother.

She had an account with wimax and recently moved to eircom. Currently I am on hold with eircom for the last hour and 10 mins and no one seems to want to deal with this issue.

She has had the same house number for the last 30 odd years and when she changed over to eircom, her home number was changed without her knowledge. She only found this out after her sister tried to call on numerous occasions and could not reach her. She looked at the bill today and noticed a strange home number on it.

This is VERY concerning as she has a lot of people who would only contact her on this number. Her number has been changed for about 3-4 months and we do not know why this is the case.

My mother called herself and was told there was a fault with the line and that the issue would resolve itself. This is also concerning as her number has changed completely and the agent did not even tell her when she called up about this.

I am still on hold now 1 hour and 20 mins....

Can someone get in touch with me about this to resolve this ASAP!!!!!!!!

And I would like to point out your CS staff are terrible to deal with..... Its like they are taking advantage of my mother because they know she is elderly and wasn't entirely sure of what she was being charged for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sareber

Your staff have a lot to answer for when it comes to customer service.

I eventually got through to Nikita and Lisa in the sales department after an hour and a half on hold, hanging up and calling back again.

No manager OR supervisor available IMAGINE? and when I asked for a contact to email on EVENTUALLY after I talked her through what a company directory was I got one but for a manager who wont be in until Monday at the earliest... he is off sick and no one knows when he will be back..

WOW customer service at its finest!!! 2 hours and 20 mins in total spent on this complaint and STILL nothing resolved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sareber wrote: »
    Your staff have a lot to answer for when it comes to customer service.

I eventually got through to Nikita and Lisa in the sales department after an hour and a half on hold, hanging up and calling back again.

No manager OR supervisor available IMAGINE?  and when I asked for a contact to email on EVENTUALLY after I talked her through what a company directory was I got one but for a manager who wont be in until Monday at the earliest... he is off sick and no one knows when he will be back..

WOW customer service at its finest!!! 2 hours and 20 mins in total spent on this complaint and STILL nothing resolved!

Hi sareber,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me the details and I'll see what I can do to help you?

Thanks

Tracey

I have Mark Dealing with this on Twitter but he has been dealing with this since 9am this morning! It seems a bit excessive, 4 months, 3 phonecalls, twitter complaints, boards.ie complaint and FB cpmplaint to try and get a number ported over. I think had my mother realised this would have been the case she NEVER would have changed over.

If there was a problem with the change over surely someone from Eircom should have called and let her know? but NOTHING! and she called and was told fault in the line that would fix itself.

Tracey I really  do hope that Mark can sort this today because I am not prepared for this to go on for days or weeks...

I have Mark Dealing with this on Twitter but he has been dealing with this since 9am this morning! It seems a bit excessive, 4 months, 3 phonecalls, twitter complaints, boards.ie complaint and FB cpmplaint to try and get a number ported over. I think had my mother realised this would have been the case she NEVER would have changed over.

If there was a problem with the change over surely someone from Eircom should have called and let her know? but NOTHING! and she called and was told fault in the line that would fix itself.

Tracey I really  do hope that Mark can sort this today because I am not prepared for this to go on for days or weeks...
    Ok, I'll liaise with Mark in relation to this and hopefully we'll get it sorted for you as soon as possible for you.

Please accept my apologises for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey,

It is a massive inconvenience, not only for my mother but now for me, I have spend all day on the computer in work trying to get this sorted and thats not counting the 2 hours on the phone last night and my mothers call a couple of weeks back.

I was hoping for a resolution for today but doesnt seem likely at this stage.

Thank you for the apology but its just a bit much all the same.

Sarah

• Advertisement

Tracey,

It is a massive inconvenience, not only for my mother but now for me, I have spend all day on the computer in work trying to get this sorted and thats not counting the 2 hours on the phone last night and my mothers call a couple of weeks back.

I was hoping for a resolution for today but doesnt seem likely at this stage.

Thank you for the apology but its just a bit much all the same.

Sarah
    I completely understand your frustration and how much time this is consuming on you.

I have spoken to Mark and we are working on getting this resolved for you however it will not be by the close of business today I'm afraid.

We will keep you updated on any progress we make.

Thanks

Tracey

Disgusting display of Customer Service Eircom!!!

This is day 5 of you guys dealing with this complaint. Each day I am told I will be updated, each day I WAIT and nothing! Could someone please update me on this I am one minute away from contacting ComReg - you have no problem taking an elderly ladies money month in month out but when it comes to fixing an issue 4 Months LATER,  she still does not have her line fixed!

Please update me in regards to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Disgusting display of Customer Service Eircom!!!

This is day 5 of you guys dealing with this complaint. Each day I am told I will be updated, each day I WAIT and nothing! Could someone please update me on this I am one minute away from contacting ComReg - you have no problem taking an elderly ladies money month in month out but when it comes to fixing an issue 4 Months LATER,  she still does not have her line fixed!

Please update me in regards to this.
    Hi sareber

Just updating the thread, I see you have been onto Tracey via DMs on twitter.  Apologies again for the issue and delays.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I find eircom one of the most useless companies to deal with regarding customer service - or the major lack of it. We are constantly having faults on our land line, you ring 1901 and have to listen to all the options, then pick the fault, when you finally get through to a person and log the fault you are given another number to ring regarding compensation! which is hardly worth the hassle. To complain about the crap service when you ring you get guess what another number to ring!! today when my phone stopped working AGAIN, i rang to report the fault, spoke to the rudest girl who when i said i wanted to make a complaint transferred me to the section. Immediately a message came up that the section was closed!!. Now if thats not customer service at its best, I rang back went through the whole dial this dial that, then asked for the girl i spoke to, her supervisor came on, she was on a break (how convenient). the supervisor was just as rude as her staff, she even started speaking slow to me as if i was not able to speak english or something. Eircom should be ashamed of themselves. I will be canceling my phone line at this stage its not worth the money for a service I never have. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

greenpilot wrote: »
    I find eircom one of the most useless companies to deal with regarding customer service - or the major lack of it. We are constantly having faults on our land line, you ring 1901 and have to listen to all the options, then pick the fault, when you finally get through to a person and log the fault you are given another number to ring regarding compensation! which is hardly worth the hassle. To complain about the crap service when you ring you get guess what another number to ring!! today when my phone stopped working AGAIN, i rang to report the fault, spoke to the rudest girl who when i said i wanted to make a complaint transferred me to the section. Immediately a message came up that the section was closed!!. Now if thats not customer service at its best, I rang back went through the whole dial this dial that, then asked for the girl i spoke to, her supervisor came on, she was on a break (how convenient). the supervisor was just as rude as her staff, she even started speaking slow to me as if i was not able to speak english or something. Eircom should be ashamed of themselves. I will be canceling my phone line at this stage its not worth the money for a service I never have. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi greenpilot

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience you had especially when being transferred to a department which was closed.

I can understand the disappointment all this can create however there are many departments within eircom which most can be contacted on free phone 1901 however if in the event you need to contact eircom for compensation of your line being down please contact customer charter on free phone 1800 400 000.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]We also have a community forum where you can field any queries or questions you may have in relation to your account and be assured of a swift response - http://community.eircom.net/[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement