Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a cheque to clear

Options
  • 23-10-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why a BOI cheque that I lodged yesterday morning is still not in my account?
    The cheque appears on my on-line banking but the funds are unavailable when I try to use it.
    Surely it should take a short amount of time for 1 of your own cheques to clear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi littlejp

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

A Bank of Ireland cheque will take 3 working days to clear in your account.

A non Bank of Ireland cheque will take 5 working days to clear in your account.

The day of the cheque lodgement is inclusive of the above clearance timeframe.

You mentioned you lodged the cheque on 22/10/2013, the funds should be available today for you. For confirmation of the funds available in your account, you can call Banking 365, a representative will be happy to assist.

Contact Numbers : 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

Hi,

Can some one please clarify, what might be the reasons for the BOI not clearing the cheque longer than 5 working days?

Our solicitor lodged the cheque to the account on 21/10/2013. It is still uncleared and it is now 6 working days. 

Thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Jannise

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Providing this is a domestic cheque and it was posted to your account on 21/10/2013 the funds should be available to you today.

If the funds are still not accessible, please contact your branch by phone, a representative will be happy to assist and look into this further for you.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

Thanks 
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jannise

Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for your help. yes, the cheque was domestic from PTSB a drawdown on a mortgage. 

I will contact our solicitor to cheque this.

Advertisement