Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Tattoo Convention 2013

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea of the prices for the tickets for this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

hasn it just been getting worse and worse every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Don't say that. I am flying home to go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I meany prices, like they keep making it more expensive, though if memory serves last years wasn't supposed to be that good

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't say that. I am flying home to go. :(

Are you going as a regular customer or to work it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As far as I know tickets are 15 for a day pass and 25 for a weekend I think.

It is a convention that hasn't got the best of reps but hopefully it will be different this year new venue and all that.

• Advertisement

Are you going as a regular customer or to work it?

couldn't get space. just puttering around generally

couldn't get space. just puttering around generally

Usually what I find myself doing, and wishing I could be getting something done! :pac:
    Got stuff done at the last two though.

Oh, i don't want to get anything done, just float about. Say hello to various people.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think the issue last year was that there were no day tickets (I'm open to correction there though). I know I wouldn't spend two whole days there anyway.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I think the issue last year was that there were no day tickets (I'm open to correction there though). I know I wouldn't spend two whole days there anyway.

If I remember correctly there were but they were 20 quid for a day pass and 40 for a weekend pass. There were lots of empty booths with a lot of people giving out over the costs of a booth saying it was being done purely for profit.

But since there is no empty booths like Bodice said this year maybe it has changed, plus people were saying there no kind of entertainment on.

The Red Cow venue isn't exactly huge but then again may be suprised with how much they can get in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

jenizzle wrote: »

There was day tickets alright, because I was only there on the Sunday. I can't remember the price, but it was quite high compared to other conventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Do the artist charge full price if your getting some ink done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah. You'll often find prices are inflated in fact as the artist has to pay the booth price, fly in and pay for a hotel. That being said there's always nice flash etc. You often see people like Jeff Linares and a lot of the old school artists doing tattoos for like €50 cause they can pump out like 20 a day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Gonna head to this on Sunday with the clan.Anyone else heading up on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Gonna head to this on Sunday with the clan.Anyone else heading up on the Sunday?

Might head down to it if the transport stars align themselves in the correct manner, how much is it for the day pass this time round?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P_1 wrote: »
    Might head down to it if the transport stars align themselves in the correct manner, how much is it for the day pass this time round?

15 per person.Under 12s free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have been meaning to get something done but haven't been able to get time lately.

Much chance of me getting tattooed if I was to just turn up on Sunday?

No way of knowing to be honest. You'd just have to rock up to some of the artists and see if they have any time free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Is it this weekend or next?

Is it this weekend or next?

This weekend. from Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd Redcow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Cheers. Might spin over on Saturday for a look see.
    Haven't been to one since they were in the SFX :pac:

Looks like ill be heading to this tomorrow night a friend wants to get a piece done and since it's only up the road from me I think a few pints maybe in order. Sure why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Missing it, out of the country til the 4th. Sick because I wanted to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What time is it on until does anyone know? Finished work at 5.30 tomorrow so might pop over for an hour.

What time is it on until does anyone know? Finished work at 5.30 tomorrow so might pop over for an hour.

It's over late as far as I know

Advertisement