Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder rates for day of a wedding?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I've to get a childminder to mind my two children (4 years and 2 years) for the day of a wedding....from roughly 12pm until I suppose 2am or so...
    What would the going rate be for a long day like that? The childminder will be minding the children in the hotel that the wedding will be taking place in. I'll be including the childminder's meals and taxi home. Just wondering how much I should pay on top of that? Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I've to get a childminder to mind my two children (4 years and 2 years) for the day of a wedding....from roughly 12pm until I suppose 2am or so...
    What would the going rate be for a long day like that? The childminder will be minding the children in the hotel that the wedding will be taking place in. I'll be including the childminder's meals and taxi home. Just wondering how much I should pay on top of that? Many thanks.

At least 5 euro per child per hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Limericks wrote: »
    At least 5 euro per child per hour.

Thanks a mill. Around €150 so I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Would ye be back at a hotel at that time, are they going to the mass, which would be 1pm. I would def agree a fee before you book her, ask the hotel what their babysitters charge, it's usually €10 an hour. I would offer her €100 and see what she says?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would say 100 euro plus food and taxi home.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

babysitting facilities at hotel we are using in the coming weeks is 10euro an hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I paid €12 per hour for a childminder to take our fella 6 months ago (5month old at the time). Didnt have to pay for a taxi for her or anything like that, she provided her own transport. Tink she charged a few extra euro per hour after midnight. Since you have 2 children might be a slightly higher rate per hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

I'd speak to the childminder beforehand and suggest €100 plus taxi fare if they need to get one. Make sure theres food she/he likes there for her/him or Maybe even leave money for the minder to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I was recently charged €10/ hour for 2 kids - sitter was provided by hotel.
    Didn't have her for as long as you though but it was money well spent :-)

Advertisement