If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 39 inch tv with saorview and freesat built in????

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, can you do any better than the walker one in power city for €400? (Saorview and satellite)  Basically here's what I'm after - 

I live in the west of Ireland - want to be able to watch rte, bbc, channel 4, anything else is a bonus, don't need loads of channels. A smart tv would be nice for movies but out of my price range I'd  say.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi, can you do any better than the walker one in power city for €400? (Saorview and satellite)  Basically here's what I'm after - 

I live in the west of Ireland - want to be able to watch rte, bbc, channel 4, anything else is a bonus, don't need loads of channels. A smart tv would be nice for movies but out of my price range I'd  say.
    Thanks
    Hi Pepper

Thanks for the opportuity to quote and apologies for the delay getting back to you - We dont stock Walker TV's unfortunately and theer are very few 39" around with Saorview and Satellite tuners built in - however we do stock the branded LG 39LN540V 100Hz unit which is an excellent TV at just £349.95 / €429.99 .

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/39ln540v/lg-39ln540v

I'm not familiar with a 39" Walker with Saorview and satellite tuner and there does not appear to be one on either the Walker or Power City website - if you give me a model number I'll do some research and revert with a feature / specification comparison..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pepper pizza

Thanks for that, what if went down to 32 inch and went for a smart tv, would that be a better option for me for what I want (and financially??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

There is a 32" version of this TV but at the moment it's not one that we ship. 

It's the 32LN540V and it's priced at £269.95 / 329.99

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/32ln540v/lg-32ln540v

We can reserve one for collection if you like. Stock is very low so please let us know if you would like one held.

Unfortunately there aren't any other options that we would have at present due to the limited number of TV's with satellite connections, in these sizes.

Sorry this isn't better news but let us know what you think.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Duffer

Hi, I have just bought the Walker TV that you are talking about. It has Saorview and Satellite 39" LED. Its model No. is WPS39.  I picked it up in O'Connors, Sean Mulvoy Road, Galway on Friday. It is a beautiful TV although the set up instructions that came with it are very poor. If you end up buying it let me know and I will tell you how to set it up to get the maximium No. of satellite channels as if you leave it to the automatic set up you will miss out on some good channels.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.