Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stumpy’s Brae on BBC Two NI on Halloween 10pmnight

Options
  • 23-10-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I seen this and thought people in here might be interested in it, as a wean this story used to scare the bejesus outta me :eek:

'When their meagre life savings are unjustly taken from them, a poor peasant couple decides, one stormy night, to offer shelter to a mysterious pedlar in exchange for money. However a terrible turn of events brings about strange and horrifying consequences with a supernatural twist.'

http://www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk/news/3437/stumpys-brae-on-bbc-two-ni-on-halloween-night.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Looking forward to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If it is in Ulster Scots will there be subtitles for anybody who isn't fluent?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

muffler wrote: »
    Looking forward to that :)

based on your life story right?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

echo beach wrote: »

;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ulsterscots/words

danniemcq wrote: »
    based on your life story right?
    Lets say it would form a small part of the life story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

echo beach wrote: »
    You won't have a problem. Ulster Scots isn't a language :rolleyes: more a dialect that the people from near Stumpy's are more than fluent in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ulster Scots in nonsense, not real, so it'll be like watching The Wire, you'll not understand every word but you'll get the gist !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ulster Scots in nonsense, not real, so it'll be like watching The Wire, you'll not understand every word but you'll get the gist !!

Why would you say Ulster Scots is nonsense(not a language but a dialect I agree)? Definately not nonsense or unreal but then I come from around the area so I'll have no problem understanding the vernacular;) Looking forward to seeing this(thank god for Virgin Media).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Madam wrote: »
    Why would you say Ulster Scots is nonsense(not a language but a dialect I agree)? Definately not nonsense or unreal but then I come from around the area so I'll have no problem understanding the vernacular;) Looking forward to seeing this(thank god for Virgin Media).

have to agree, I had no bother understanding it either but I can imagine folks needing subtitles if they havent the ear for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

'ye cannie gae what ye dinnea hae'
    Nice to see such a local story hitting the big screen. After the bonfire and fireworks last night I took my weans down to where the house was, lets just say they were glad to get home :D

• Advertisement

They say that the auld fella that was killed was very drunk as he was legless :pac:

Advertisement