Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most exotic meat you have ever eaten and where did you get it / eat it ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Oh,, forgot I've had donkey sausage from Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ah, big Guiseppe is still doing his rounds then, the saucy fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Andip wrote: »
    I had a squirrel satay only last night in London and very tasty it was too

Where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I seem to remember a lot of Italian salami is made from donkey meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ants, scorpion and worms, an old school teacher brought me some of them back from holiday, covered in confectionery.

Ate bat for the first time the other day. Got it in a restaurant in la digue in the seychelles. It was vile!

Other than that, kangaroo from a butcher in dublin city, alligator from the same place and buffalo from SuperQuinn years back. All quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had Irish water buffalo burgers for dinner last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I was going to say donkey , had donkey steak in Sardinia twice , each was good ...... not unlike veal TBH , quite sweet.

Anyone tried Dog ? ( I haven't ) ..... it's eaten in Korea for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Kangaroo at the Savour Kilkenny festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have kangaroo weekly. All sort of variations, steak, burgers, chilli, pasta.
    Had buffalo and ostrich in paris a few years back/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Buffalo, boar & elk are probably as exotic as I've had. I'd have no qualms trying some of the other meats here, we just haven't met on the right menu at the right time!
    There was a restaurant in Banff that had Elk night once a week, all Elk meat was half price or something like that. Elk nachos were awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Panther, In a restaurant in Malaysia.
    I didn't know what it was and I found a lot of lead shot in it, when I asked what it was I got quite a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

had roast cui (hamster) in Peru, and had lama carpaccio in Argentina. the carpaccio was delicious.

Also had the usual various antilopes in South Africa. Raw Kudu was definitely the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Also had the usual various antilopes in South Africa. Raw Kudu was definitely the highlight.

various antelope/ostrich/etc biltong was what did it for me. loved that stuff in all varieties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Guinea Pig in Peru and Calf's Brain in Paris

Advertisement