Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS/iTunes download time outs

• 23-10-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

For the last 3/4 weeks I've been unable to update iTunes or iOS.

Downloads keep timing out. I have a mac book with Mac OS X 10.7.5.

I'm getting the attached errors. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any firewalls, security or AV software installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

No and its just randomly started doing it. I've downloaded iTunes movies and they've downloaded ok.

The downloads start and then get to varying stages before stopping. My internet is working fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just download the latest iTunes manually from here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then try updating your phone.

I also just tried over a wired connection and had the same problem.

Just download the latest iTunes manually from here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then try updating your phone.

Cheers, I got iTunes DL'd that way, it stopped twice but I paused it and restarted it and that got it going again.

iOS7.03 still timing out when I'm trying to update. 7.02 did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try restarting the router.

guil wrote: »
    Try restarting the router.

Thanks. I already tried that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The only other thing I can think of is the hosts file. Google Msfixit hosts and run the program. Try again after the computer restarts.

I just had the thought of doing the update from the iphone directly rather than downloading it through itunes....

Seems to be working... shame on me (but more importantly you) for not thinking of that.

Hoping once all iTunes/ios bits and pieces are up to date it will just fix its self.

Advertisement