Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a plugin / provider for converting wordpress site to apple and android App

Options
  • 23-10-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello,

Just like the title reads, can anyone recommend a plugin / provider for converting wordpress site to apple and android App.

If anyone has any examples of sites they have had converted to apps by such providers along with details of costs / problems etc. that would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Apple will reject any such app submitted for approval anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

They must be accepting HTML 5 apps since this product seems to be for converting wordpress to apple or android html 5 apps.

http://www.wiziapp.com/

And these guys claim they will soon release a product that will convert to native app.

http://www.apps-builder.com/pag/wp_landing

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Apple will reject any such app submitted for approval anyway.
    It's not as clear cut as that - it depends on the content, how it's presented and if the app uses any device features.

I've done the Broadsheet.ie iOS and Android apps and the Balls.ie app. They're all backed by WordPress.

Is it a once off you're looking for or something that you can use to churn out apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

They will accept HTML 5 apps but only if they provide the functionality of an app, if its simply a word press website converted to be just wrapped in a UIWebView then it will be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hatchmedia

Draco wrote: »

I've done the Broadsheet.ie iOS and Android apps and the Balls.ie app. They're all backed by WordPress.

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

If that pm was meant for me I didn't get it.

Advertisement