Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

comfortable winter boots

• 23-10-2013 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm looking to invest in some winter boots, my main concern in comfort! I do a lot of walking during the day and at the minute I'm wearing my trainers then putting on shoes when I get to work, ideally I would love boots (ankle or knee high) that are work appropriate and comfortable! Just wondering does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably black. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

What type of environment do you work in? Can you walk in heals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

mood wrote: »
    What type of environment do you work in? Can you walk in heals?

I work in the health service with patients face to face, so I'm usually smart-casual. I'm okish with heels,the smaller the better though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

I got these Fly London boots last year and I find them very comfortable - just enough heel to feel dressy, but comfy enough to wear all day.

aw12P141035003.JPG

mashling wrote: »
    I got these Fly London boots last year and I find them very comfortable - just enough heel to feel dressy, but comfy enough to wear all day.

aw12P141035003.JPG

Oh they look perfect! Can I ask how much they cost? Exactly what I'm looking for thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

http://clarks.ie/products/womens/womens-casual-boots/morgan-carla-black-leather

I have a pair of these (well, last year's model, they're all leather) and they're very comfy. The fact that they're reasonably shiny and have a toe-cap means they're smart enough to wear under a trouser suit. They're very comfy indeed.

They have a few styles similar to this in Clarks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I've had some Doc Marten smart knee boots for six winters now and they're amazing. They don't look like docs at all but they've got the air wear sole and are incredibly well made. I've worn them through three pregnancies, and carried babies in them, I've climbed hills in them and they've been the most comfortable shoes when after a serious back injury. Now I did buy them in two colours and I've had the heels and soles patched up but IMO it's worth it. The exact style has been discontinued but they're closest to the Ava. I got them in Korky's but you can get them online too.
    http://uk.drmartens.com/uk/Womens/Womens-Boots/Dr-Martens-Ava-Boot/p/15300001

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Oh they look perfect! Can I ask how much they cost? Exactly what I'm looking for thanks!

They were definitely an investment for me! They're £140 on Javari.co.uk at the moment, which I think is quite steep - last year I waited till I had a 20% off code...

Great ideas here everyone thanks for the helpful info! The docs look amazing and I usually hate docs...they could be a winner! The heel looks quite high is the only thing, would they still be comfy with that heel? Thanks again :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I really like these and the heel isn't too high. They are SO comfy too. Can't beat Italian leather. I hope they'll last for a few years, theyre bearing up great but theyre pretty new.

http://www.premolishoes.com/products/KNEE-HIGH-BOOTS/kh1-black-boot-with-zip

Sorry I can't seem to link properly.

Actually this shop has some fab ankle boots too. Oh for a lotto win. I wouldn't say no to these :
    http://www.premolishoes.com/products/ANKLE-BOOTS/aba-brone-studded-chelsea-boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Great ideas here everyone thanks for the helpful info! The docs look amazing and I usually hate docs...they could be a winner! The heel looks quite high is the only thing, would they still be comfy with that heel? Thanks again :-)

The ones that I have have a slightly smaller heel I think, maybe have a look in the shops and see. They have a totally flat one too which are actually lovely too. The main thing is the air wear cushioned sole for comfort, and the fact that they're stitched, not glued, for longevity.

• Advertisement

I'm going shopping at the weekend. Thank you for all the suggestions guys some brilliant ideas to try here, especially for rainy days like today :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I'd recommend the Lotus brand, can buy online and in some shops like Shaws.

So many brilliant ideas thanks everyone when I get paid I'm going to go try all these on! Thanks again :-)

Advertisement