Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the cheapest insurance to get ?

• 23-10-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I'm just 16 and I want to get a 125cc bike what bike would be the best ( and cheap ) ? What would be a good bike that insurers will insure me ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Shanekil1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm just 16 and I want to get a 125cc bike what bike would be the best ( and cheap ) ? What would be a good bike that insurers will insure me ?
    Thanks
    Forget anything with an R in the name CBR, NSR, RS all expensive.
    Try something like a YB125 or a CB125 4 stroke commuter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Bring a parent to a bike shop and sit on a few bikes - they are less inclined to treat you as a customer if you go on your own. Chat to the salespeople and see what they advise. Some bike shops can give insurance quotes and recommend a route to your first bike.

I'd recommend you keep an eye on Donedeal for an old Honda H100 and learn on it but you might prefer a modern bike and I don't know what your budget is.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A nice varadero would suit you well if you are tall.

Liberty are the ones to go to for insurance, they're bastards, but will give you a cheap quote.

Whoever and whichever bike you go with, make sure it's listed right on the insurance forms. The addition of an R is a couple hundred more euro. They tried that with me for my Fazer.

Advertisement