If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music system compatible with Android

Options
  • 23-10-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, 
    I have a Galaxy S4 and want to play music through some sort of music system. I am open to speakers only or a music system offering other features. I had a quick look online and found Sony Btx500 and btx300 which charge and allow Bluetooth streaming of music from my device. Do you have any systems in stock that you could recommend like that or other systems you think I may like? I want something that will give good sound quality. 

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads, 
    I have a Galaxy S4 and want to play music through some sort of music system. I am open to speakers only or a music system offering other features. I had a quick look online and found Sony Btx500 and btx300 which charge and allow Bluetooth streaming of music from my device. Do you have any systems in stock that you could recommend like that or other systems you think I may like? I want something that will give good sound quality. 

thanks in advance.
    Themacdaddy,

interesting question that's asked really rarely - which is really strange given the amount of android kit around.

The 1st option which springs to mind as the foundation stone for any decent quality system is the new Onkyo TXNR626 which really does cover most bases with DLNA and Bluetooth options all built in as standard have a look here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr626/onky-txnr626-blk

..however if that doesnt suit - and you want to go the Bluetooth route my advice would be to buy the complete bargain Harman Kardon BTA10 http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10 this is a great dongle that turns any music system with Phono inputs into a Bluetooth ready system and the audio quality is excellent with 2.1 + EDR with A2DP, the BTA10 supports the highest quality and best sounding Bluetooth formats - it's just £49.95 at the moment - I have one  three myself and I use them everywhere!

showimage.php?image=310334.jpg&max_width=121&max_height=110
    Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi lads, 

thanks in advance.
    Themacdaddy,

interesting question that's asked really rarely - which is really strange given the amount of android kit around.

The 1st option which springs to mind as the foundation stone for any decent quality system is the new Onkyo TXNR626 which really does cover most bases with DLNA and Bluetooth options all built in as standard have a look here:

..however if that doesnt suit - and you want to go the Bluetooth route my advice would be to buy the complete bargain Harman Kardon BTA10 http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10 this is a great dongle that turns any music system with Phono inputs into a Bluetooth ready system and the audio quality is excellent with 2.1 + EDR with A2DP, the BTA10 supports the highest quality and best sounding Bluetooth formats - it's just £49.95 at the moment - I have one  three myself and I use them everywhere!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks very much John, you have given me food for thought. The bluetooth adapter may be just what I need but I will think about it over the weekend.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

themacdaddy

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi lads, 

thanks in advance.
    Themacdaddy,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks very much John, you have given me food for thought. The bluetooth adapter may be just what I need but I will think about it over the weekend.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

themacdaddy
    No problem, our pleasure - hopefully that opens up your options!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.