Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bench press program straight from Sheiko

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

work interweb blocked it, what's the gist of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Thud wrote: »
    work interweb blocked it, what's the gist of it?

A sh*t load of benching, 4 x week shoulders are aching just reading it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sheiko....sounds like the patriarch of an Arab family in Darndale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

That looks like a helluvalotta fun.... would love to give it a blast if I continue my squat/deadlift sabatical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm also tempted to give it a whirl. See if I can get can my bench moving in some direction.

• Advertisement

14 weeks of benching.... some committment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

...just remember like most Sheiko programs, the setsxreps are invereted.

Hanley wrote: »
    ...just remember like most Sheiko programs, the setsxreps are invereted.

My hungover brain quantified your post as inverted russian sex reps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

If I benched with that much volume 4 times a week for 14 weeks I could let my cat choose the sets x reps and I'd get stronger.

The mysteries of Sheiko are very similar to the mysteries of Smolov, do LOADS!

Once you start at a weight that allows some breathing room in the early workouts, cycle the volume per session and add weight weekly...

BAM!

Congrats on the gainzzz comrade.

Are you an Englishman? If so then Sheiko has the program for you...

http://sheiko-program.ru/training-programs/examples-of-programs/program-for-an-eglishman

Best name for a program ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Lads, an alternative exercise to the 'Bench Press on board' please and thank ya?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Lads, an alternative exercise to the 'Bench Press on board' please and thank ya?

Floor press

Floor press

Perrrrfic - thanks H!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Perrrrfic - thanks H!

I would say make sure you have a spot for it on heavier weights :)

Why? Have you looked at the program?

Spotters gimme the willies... had an 'uninvited spot' mid-set followed by a "ye coulda done five more a them!" today...

Why? Have you looked at the program?

I must admit I did not. Not in the context of a floor press anyway.

I must admit I did not. Not in the context of a floor press anyway.

If he fails any of the reps on it he deserves to be pinned.

...not that you can even be pinned under a floor press.

If he fails any of the reps on it he deserves to be pinned.

...not that you can even be pinned under a floor press.

It's not an exercise I've seen done that often to be honest. I did see someone get pinned on it in the pre-Raw days. To be fair, that was out of stupidity now I think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It's not an exercise I've seen done that often to be honest. I did see someone get pinned on it in the pre-Raw days. To be fair, that was out of stupidity now I think of it.

If you're floor pressing less then sixty kilo's you deserve to be stapled for f*cking around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When you fail a rep on floor press, the plates rest on the ground keeping the bar 8 or 9 inch high. You won't be pinned unless you're huge.

Mellor wrote: »
    When you fail a rep on floor press, the plates rest on the ground keeping the bar 8 or 9 inch high. You won't be pinned unless you're huge.

Of course. If the plates on the bar had a radius of 8 or 9 inches. A bar with a couple of 10kg plates on either end might be a different story though.

I better be careful so... cos I... am... HU-IGE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Of course. If the plates on the bar had a radius of 8 or 9 inches. A bar with a couple of 10kg plates on either end might be a different story though.

If somebody's is lifting 40kg it's probably a bit soon to be worrying about floor presses. And If they have multiple 10kg plates each side then they deserve to be pinned for being stupid.

If somebody's is lifting 40kg it's probably a bit soon to be worrying about floor presses. And If they have multiple 10kg plates each side then they deserve to be pinned for being stupid.

:) There was a lot of stupidity involved. But the reason he'd had so many 10s on the bar was because there weren't too many 20s knocking around in there even on a quiet day.

Advertisement