Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road trip to sweden?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

hi has anybody drove from ireland to sweden? every bit of info would be unreal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Thought about it a bit last year. You can drive there via the Oresund Bridge or take ferry from Germany or UK. Ferries, bridge, dates, and size of wagon will help ya work the finances out :)

http://uk.oresundsbron.com/page/976

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Look for the site europebycamper.co.uk. They did the whole of Scandinavia a few years back and I remember there being good detail on tolls and costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

nigelm485 wrote: »
    hi has anybody drove from ireland to sweden? every bit of info would be unreal.
    I did it 1989. Dublin Holyhead, Harwich to Hook of Holland, Puttgarten to Rodbyhavn and Helsingor to Helsingborg being the 4 ferry crossings.

Holyhead to Harwich was the most awkward as you are cutting across the mainly North to South motorways.

You now have the Oresund Bridge as an option instead of Helsingor to Helsingborg ferry but its quite expensive.

I considered doing the journey again this summer to get to Stockholm.

An option I looked at was Dover Calais (Harwich ferry is about 8 hrs if I recall correctly).

I suggest you go onto google maps and work out your time and distances for the various routes and the ferry costings and take it from there.

Another ferry option Harwich to Ejsberg, there are also options from Hull and Newcastle

see

http://www.ferrytravel.com/ferry-to-sweden.htm

Many choices - good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Over 6m long, the tolls double in Norway, the difference can be substantial!

Advertisement