Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still smoke regulars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Had 2 or 3 when out last saturday night after been on the e-cig since October, they were disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

dePeatrick wrote: »
    they are great, have two for going out with and a mod at home, what tank/clearomiser did you get with them?

It didn't actually say what the clearomiser was, but it was very similar to the eGo Vision V2 which I have bought since. I'd be open to suggestions though if there are better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

It didn't actually say what the clearomiser was, but it was very similar to the eGo Vision V2 which I have bought since. I'd be open to suggestions though if there are better options.
    Yes, I know it, been through about 4 versions of clearomisers, did the trick to keep me vaping....have settled on a miniprotank 2 as my everyday device, have an evod to back that up with but way prefer the mini Protank. It has been around a while now and everybody agrees that it is very good.

There are newer ones out there but I would wait a while and see what is still around in 6 months......lots of devices come and go within a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

I bought a Polish version of bot the the battery and clearomiser you seem to be using. I bought a miniprotank 2 recently and I I am only getting half the flavour than I do from the ego. As someone else here nicely summed up the difference ... compared to the ego, the miniprotank 2 vape is mostly air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Bought my first electronic cigarette on Tuesday and haven't had a real cigarette since. Not a long time but after 5 years of 30 a day and trying gum/patches/cold turkey to no avail it feels like something.

Had a friend over yesterday for drinks who's a social smoker and reminded me I had some tobacco left and asked me to roll one for him. He offered me the end of it without thinking and I didn't even want a drag. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement

human 19 wrote: »
    I bought a Polish version of bot the the battery and clearomiser you seem to be using. I bought a miniprotank 2 recently and I I am only getting half the flavour than I do from the ego. As someone else here nicely summed up the difference ... compared to the ego, the miniprotank 2 vape is mostly air

It is airy but a cocktail stick stuck in one of the holes and carefully cut/broken off sorts that, also I discovered that using cotton wick gives a lot more vapour and I unblocked and it works fine. also I.8 ohm coils seem to work best with the miniprotank on an ego.

All of this can change though depending on juice/vaping style and probably what cigarettes/Rollie's you were using beforehand. It's finding what works for each individual, I'm just ten weeks vaping and now have 17 bottles of juice on the go, three Ego batteries and a Mod, 4 different types of clearomisers and a dripper.....and a wish list for Xmas :D

I still have saved money by not smoking. And will probably live even longer and get to annoy even more people........:)

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭dutcher

Yes I drink around every two weeks and buy fags when I drink. If I have fags left over the next day they are thrown in the bin. I use my E-CIG every other day of the week. I like my fags when I am drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

One year with even not one cigarette.
    SOmetimes I still want it, just habit or curiosity, I live with three smokers..
    But I have been able to stop myself and keep vaping!
    I am rolling cigarettes for my friends out, because I miss rolling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Jsabina, fair play to you for not having a sneaky smoke, it can be difficult to quit when you live with smokers....

I was a pretty heavy smoker for 26 years, but I switched to vaping totally painlessly five months ago and I left cigarettes in the past. My boyfriend still smokes, but it didn't bother me coz I had my e-cig and I was happy with that. I hadn't touched a cigarette since I quit.

Until two weeks ago...... :eek:

The last two weeks have been fairly stressful. Bills are mounting up, a family member very ill, plus a load of other stuff. The minute my stress levels rise I get really bad cravings for a cigarette, old habits die hard and all that. Up to now I popped my e-cig in my gob and my cravings disappeared, but the last two weeks were so stressful that I gave in a lit up a dreaded cigarette. :(

I'm not back on the cigarettes, but over the last two weeks I've smoked one cigarette a day. So, there is a clear habit forming. In my head I'm thinking "its just one fag!" But I can see where its leading......

I found when I was stressed I'd puff on my e-cig for hours straight. I would constantly vap during this time, I really wasn't taking a break from vaping. I was going through bottles of e~liquid and my spare batteries were always on charge, or else it would be plugged into my laptop as I was vaping. (Imagine if I'd smoked cigarettes one after another for hours straight! Ugh! I'd be sick!) After vaping this much I was getting blinding head aches. I knew it was my own fault, too much of anything is bad for you, even too much water can make you very sick. But I used the headaches as an excuse to light up a cigarette.

I vap 18 or 20mg nicotine e-liquid, I know I should vap a lower dose of nicotine on the days I'm gonna vap for long periods of time, but I'm worried it will be missing the throat hit. Although my main concern at the moment is to get back up on the horse & stop this new one cigarette a day habit. I ordered a bottle of my beloved "Frankenvape" from Vaporium on Friday, so hopefully that will arrive tomorrow. If "frankenvape" can't sort me out then nothing can......

I'm fairly disgusted with myself for smoking, I even stayed away from these threads coz I felt like I'd failed. I used to feel so proud saying "I haven't smoked in X amount of weeks/months," but now I can't say that anymore. :(

I won't let it put me off, at least I'm not back smoking between 20 & 30 cigarettes a day. To be honest I don't think I'd even be able to smoke that much again, I don't think I'd even want to. Hopefully my new clearomizer and my yummy "Frankenvape" will arrive tomorrow and I can stop the one cigarette a day habit before it starts spiraling out of control!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Hi Gillian, I've yet to start vaping, hopefully my kit arrives tommorrow and I'm not going out to work (I'm guessing that a work day would be a difficult 1st day to start vaping as a replacement for fags) so I'll have the day to get used to using it.

A couple of observations from a current smoker:
    this is a really useful thread for a yet-to-start-vaper like me, recent converts too I imagine. So your post is really insightful!

I'm fairly disgusted with myself for smoking, I even stayed away from these threads coz I felt like I'd failed. I used to feel so proud saying "I haven't smoked in X amount of weeks/months,"
    The psychology of smoking addiction is fascinating and complex... I can see why you might feel reluctant to fess-up in chat with vapers who haven't relapsed, maybe they occasionally do but never admit it! On the other hand these are precisely the people best placed to give you advice, maybe they have some tips on dealing with the kind of situation you described.
    To someone like me your comments are really useful

On nicotine: it was a loong time ago I was studying this but unless a person is a habitual chain smoker then the continual high level of blood nicotine of all day intake you describe above, with high mg juice, would probably place strain on your cardiovascular system. With fags you wouldn't have normally done this - suddenly going from a low level blood nicotine (a smoke every so often) to a continually high level. It doesn't surprise me that you got a headache, maybe a drink of water and a walk round the block would have worked (with or without a sneaky fag!).

Anyway, I'm sure quite a few curious smokers would be very interested in this particular thread (like I am) "do you still smoke regulars" because for people like me this is the big question. So the more helpful and insightful comments like yours the better, thanks.
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Since I got my MVP I have been rarely smoking, an issue I had with the egos is that I would run out of battery life and when someone offered me a smoke I couldn't resist, that is definitely not an issue with the MVP.

I think I'll always smoke when I go out, I love having a smoke when I am drinking, I always buy a box, bought some last time I was out over a week ago and have some left, they are still sitting there but it doesn't bother me in slightest, the only time I get a proper craving for a smoke is when I am drinking, that doesn't bother me tbf because I only go out once every couple of months.

I still get urges to smoke after ten weeks vaping, nit very often, maybe about twice a week and a quick vape does the trick in getting rid of the urge, sometimes think it is more a psychological urge than anything else after years of smoking.

It's amusing that a cigarette tastes so bad now, anytime I have had one I have thrown it away after a few pulls and started vaping instead, it's like my mind wants to smoke and my body doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Haven't smoked since I started vaping which was earlier the start of this year so its a good few months now, when I started at first I hadn't a notion what to do, was on a weeks holidays from work and was sitting with a rollie of some manky tobacco someone had bought by accident and I thought I would give these 'ecigs' a go. Went to the local b&m shop and got this little yoke that looked like a pen, lasted about a week because I got researching and thought an ego style kit would be better for me and here I am now months and months later, mixing my own juices, building my own favourite coil set ups and absolutely loving every second of it

Currently vaping coconut biscuit juice on my vtr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kyaner

Haven't touched a cig in 4 months now, yes i did think about it a couple of times that my stress levels got very high due to several reasons but after a bit of chain vaping i was ok :)

Quitting with the ecigs took the least amount of effort, almost too easy !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Haven't smoked since I started vaping which was earlier the start of this year so its a good few months now, when I started at first I hadn't a notion what to do, was on a weeks holidays from work and was sitting with a rollie of some manky tobacco someone had bought by accident and I thought I would give these 'ecigs' a go. Went to the local b&m shop and got this little yoke that looked like a pen, lasted about a week because I got researching and thought an ego style kit would be better for me and here I am now months and months later, mixing my own juices, building my own favourite coil set ups and absolutely loving every second of it

Where did you buy the vtr ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

ghogie91 wrote: »

Currently vaping coconut biscuit juice where could I buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I have been vaping for a year now, and in that time, there were 2 major transgressions. First was my brother's stag night in June, when my battery ran out on the town, and I was stuck. I went through a pack of 20 Silk Cut Purple like they were chocolate. Jaysus, I felt like crap the next day tho.

The second was my brother's wedding in Krakow, where I did quite a lot of smoking for some reason. That said, once I got home, I had no craving for the fags, and was back vaping exclusively.

I was out a few weeks ago, and I asked a buddy of mine for a ciggy, just for nostalgia. Took two puffs, and stamped it out. Rotten fecking thing.

I do still like the odd cigar, tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

ron jambo wrote: »
    Where did you buy the vtr ?

Got it for €70 baby squids at Vapefest, from S&H as far as I can remember :)
    Carpenter wrote: »
    Currently vaping coconut biscuit juice where could I buy it :D
    Its from Vmist, seriously worth the try its called 'Coconut Classic' unbelievable jeff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Have had one or 2 cigars, no regular cigarettes though! Dunno which is worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

youngblood wrote: »
    Have had one or 2 cigars, no regular cigarettes though! Dunno which is worse!

2 cigars vs thousands of cigarettes ... i wonder :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement