Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property websites manipulating the housing market.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

Your lack of knowledge of the property market is absolutely astounding. I know there are plenty of people out there that don't understand basic economics which is fine obviously but they don't formulate such strong opinions and impose them on others.

Not only has the market improved in Dublin but I would say prices are up in the region of 20 percent over the past 12 months in the areas you've mentioned. Get your head out of the sand and stop embarrassing yourself.

You're spouting absolute rubbish on here and making claims with no basis whatsoever. As D3PO mentioned - why would you buy in a market you claim is in free fall?

At some point you have to look at the responses you've received here and wonder why you are alone in your views. Then go hide under a rock and stop annoying everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Need4House wrote: »
    So if America defaults...and the dollar crashes..that means i win right? So i guess we will just have to give it a few more months before you can make out you know better than I.

That your LL is a gouger for wanting to increase his rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I didnt say i dont think people should make profit...I hit out as someone making out landlords deserve to gouge tenants...sure a little profit here and there...but when it comes to essential services or a roof over your head no..it isnt a bloody game. maybe a few people on this thread need a few nights sleeping rough to get the picture.
    I know history well for your info.. maybe its you who needs schooling in it. Your right "I dont dictate how the economy works" but somebody should be, as its just a free for all here, everyone ripping each other off, driving the economy further and further into the ground...you clearly think unregulated rents and housing bubbles are a clever thing...because your clearly not so good at history yourself...not even recent history of your own country.

You said people shouldn't make a profit off property. I say LL deserve a profit as they take risks in order to get that profit. The government would be lost without LL too. They rely on it to house people.

Sleeping rough has nothing to do with it. You would want to learn why these people sleep rough. You will find it pretty difficult to find somebody say it is because they couldn't afford rent.
    There are huge companies making money off the regulated market you think is so good. They prevent people from owning homes in areas. The reason they exist is mostly due to mass destruction and a sudden need to provide housing. It wasn't some great plan. Then you have form communist countries that provided housing.
    Look at the property provided free by the state here. Do you want to live there? Were they well kept? I am just wondering what is your solution is?

Not seeing even accurate information let alone any suggest of a solution.

Why you think your personal life is comparable to everybody is weird. I know plenty of people earning more now who can afford house prices at the moment. I am debating going for another one to develop but I might just enjoy myself instead. The new tax break on home development is very appealing but I don't need any more space. It will probably push prices up too. You wait for that bottom you are expecting it seems to match your dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Need4House

Ortiz wrote: »
    Your lack of knowledge of the property market is absolutely astounding. I know there are plenty of people out there that don't understand basic economics which is fine obviously but they don't formulate such strong opinions and impose them on others.

Not only has the market improved in Dublin but I would say prices are up in the region of 20 percent over the past 12 months in the areas you've mentioned. Get your head out of the sand and stop embarrassing yourself.

You're spouting absolute rubbish on here and making claims with no basis whatsoever. As D3PO mentioned - why would you buy in a market you claim is in free fall?

At some point you have to look at the responses you've received here and wonder why you are alone in your views. Then go hide under a rock and stop annoying everyone

I didnt claim the market was in "freefall" i said down around 10% this year...
    I personally wouldn't buy in Dublin...but there are factors beyond just me..
    I wouldnt even choose to live in Dublin if i was a free agent..for these prices i could live somewhere id have guaranteed good weather and much lower cost of living. In fact it makes no financial sense or even logical sense to live in Dublin..
    Why would I be annoying "everyone" im not forcing you to read or respond...you sound deluded to think I have the ability to annoy everyone.
    In fact you sound simply like you dont like what im saying...wonder why...truth hurts.

And like i said the market isnt in freefall...its stagnant for the most part...but the freefall is on its way. Once the US defaults..its game over.

You know you're formulating opinions on the Dublin property market based mostly on your own personal opinion of Dublin city? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Please supply us with a link that supports your argument that prices have fallen in Dublin over the past 12 months. We have the cso, esri, daft and myhome reports that back up our opinions so please supply us with something, anything that backs up your silly claims

• Advertisement

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    You said people shouldn't make a profit off property. I say LL deserve a profit as they take risks in order to get that profit. The government would be lost without LL too. They rely on it to house people.

Sleeping rough has nothing to do with it. You would want to learn why these people sleep rough. You will find it pretty difficult to find somebody say it is because they couldn't afford rent.
    There are huge companies making money off the regulated market you think is so good. They prevent people from owning homes in areas. The reason they exist is mostly due to mass destruction and a sudden need to provide housing. It wasn't some great plan. Then you have form communist countries that provided housing.
    Look at the property provided free by the state here. Do you want to live there? Were they well kept? I am just wondering what is your solution is?

Not seeing even accurate information let alone any suggest of a solution.

Why you think your personal life is comparable to everybody is weird. I know plenty of people earning more now who can afford house prices at the moment. I am debating going for another one to develop but I might just enjoy myself instead. The new tax break on home development is very appealing but I don't need any more space. It will probably push prices up too. You wait for that bottom you are expecting it seems to match your dreams

Hahaha I have no dreams...I am a realist...like I said we will shortly see who is deluded about the Dublin housing market. see, i would buy even though I know there is a further crash in store..because i intend on living here long term for the sake of the family...even when the real bottom in the market shows through...and the broader economy grinds to a stop...then it wont matter if im in negative equity as everyone will be in the same boat...and either the gov choose debt forgiveness all round or they turf thousands of people onto the street leaving empty houses everywhere...oh wait a minute..they already did that...See not much business acumen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Just like the crazy property boom people over egged it same in the crash people get over negative. Before the crash posters on boards and askaboutmoney called it. I think posters generally are calling it a positive up turn in Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

. Plenty on here seem to think its perfectly justifiable to jack up rents 20% on people who are not getting pay rises to match. course.

Well....yes actually it is justifiable. Just because you didn't get a pay increase doesn't exactly mean that the rental market can't increase?

What did you expect your LL to do? Oh....market rents increased but you didn't get a pay increase? I guess I'll just take the hit then and not go with the market?

What colour is the sky in the world you're living in?

I may as well say to you..."if you dont like this thread get out of it" yet your still here mouthing off.

probably cause you're actually quite amusing.

Kinda like carcrash reality TV

wexie wrote: »
    Well....yes actually it is justifiable. Just because you didn't get a pay increase doesn't exactly mean that the rental market can't increase?

What did you expect your LL to do? Oh....market rents increased but you didn't get a pay increase? I guess I'll just take the hit then and not go with the market?

You sound like the typical amoral psychopath. Its a rental increas across the board and no increas in the standard of living. Pay..not jiust mt pay..has not increased. Or are you really that thick? yes you are arnt you. Not only bereft of any moral compass also missing common sense.

• Advertisement

You sound like the typical amoral psycopath. Its a rental increas across the board and no increas in the standard of living. Pay..not jiust my pay..has not increased. Or are you really that thick? yes you are arnt you. Not only bereft of any moral compass also missing common sense. You and your ilk are gonna get a wake up call shortly..mark my words.

You sound like the typical amoral psychopath. Its a rental increas across the board and no increas in the standard of living. Pay..not jiust mt pay..has not increased. Or are you really that thick? yes you are arnt you. Not only bereft of any moral compass also missing common sense.

hmmm....my pay has increased, quite significantly actually? (and not cause I'm thick by the way)

At a guess I'd say yours hasn't though. Could it have anything to do with your attitude problem?

You seem somewhat bitter.

And I'd be more careful coming out with personal attacks like that if I where you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭McCongo

You sound like the typical amoral psycopath. Its a rental increas across the board and no increas in the standard of living. Pay..not jiust my pay..has not increased. Or are you really that thick? yes you are arnt you. Not only bereft of any moral compass also missing common sense. You and your ilk are gonna get a wake up call shortly..mark my words.

If you can't afford your rent just move somewhere cheaper. Maybe you will find a landlord who will accept a percentage of your income as rent. That way your rent will always be in line with your earnings.

hmmm....my pay has increased, quite significantly actually? (and not cause I'm thick by the way)

At a guess I'd say yours hasn't though. Could it have anything to do with your attitude problem?

You seem somewhat bitter.

And I'd be more careful coming out with personal attacks like that if I where you.

Your wage has increased significantly has it...what are you a landlord? or just a letting agent?
    Nobody i know is getting pay rises in Dub..so i dunno how your getting one, But isnt that what gets the fat rewards in Dub anyhow, slackers who have the right connections and bugger all else going for them..not saying your one of that shower, only you would know if your getting pay rises for being actually good at your job and what not...I have no idea. As far as being careful what I say...Im pretty sure Ive had enough snide remarks thrown my way so why not chuck some back...and if you have the mentality of a psychopath (no empathy for anyoneelse) then thats not my problem..and evidently it aint yours if your getting the pay rises, the unfeeling souless attitued seems to be doing you no end of favors in life..so dunno why you think its such an insult.

Yeah you might also want to read the message boards under each of those articles to get the genral opinion of real people here. Most people smell BS, but this thread is full of estate agents and property owners by the sounds of it...

A lot of people really are getting pay increases need4apartment (I've updated your username to suit your criteria - you're welcome btw).

Just because you're not really might be a reflection on you and not a reflection on all of working Dublin.

Nobody i know is getting pay rises in Dub..so i dunno how your getting one.
    Guess you don't travel in the right circles then, you know, with people that can buy houses in South Dublin ;)
    But isnt that what gets the fat rewards in Dub anyhow, slackers who have the right connections and bugger all else going for them..not saying your one of that shower, only you would know if your getting pay rises for being actually good at your job and what not...I have no idea. .

I'm very good at my job, tonnes of experience and qualifications and I work for 'one of those' tech companies. In South Dublin I might add.
    As far as being careful what I say...Im pretty sure Ive had enough snide remarks thrown my way so why not chuck some back...and if you have the mentality of a psychopath (no empathy for anyoneelse) then thats not my problem..and evidently it aint yours if your getting the pay rises.

Don't worry, I'd be annoyed if it had come from someone with their full mental faculties but that's clearly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Nobody i know is getting pay rises in Dub..so i dunno how your getting one, .

you must have a very small circle of friends so. Hes not the only one 3.8% pay increase for me this year a nice bonus too. The wife got 4.4% pay increase too.

A hell of a lot of people got pay rises maybe you need to retrain so you can find a job paying you enough to live in SCD....

Yeah you might also want to read the message boards under each of those articles to get the genral opinion of real people here. Most people smell BS, but this thread is full of estate agents and property owners by the sounds of it...

Just please send me a link to what backs up your point then.

I'm getting seriously concerned that you're just some 12 year old kid trolling all of us here

• Advertisement

Guess you don't travel in the right circles then, you know, with people that can buy houses in South Dublin ;)

I'm very good at my job, tonnes of experience and qualifications and I work for 'one of those' tech companies. In South Dublin I might add.

Don't worry, I'd be annoyed if it had come from someone with their full mental faculties but that's clearly not the case.

Oh so you confirmed it then...you move in the "right circles", thats how you get the pay increases thought so..your warning me to be careful with my insults, yet your loose with yours.. funny enough for an IT geek. Flame on.. you types are good at hiding behind a computer. And as for not having all my mental faculties, imagine if your right, your arguing with a possible nutjob, makes you less crdible by the second doesnt it..You would need to look up the term psychopath to know what one is evidently, your that clever.

Just please send me a link to what backs up your point then.

I'm getting seriously concerned that you're just some 12 year old kid trolling all of us here

Your seriously concerned im 12...well you should report yourself to the guards for talking to a possible child online you sikko.

D3PO wrote: »
    you must have a very small circle of friends so. Hes not the only one 3.8% pay increase for me this year a nice bonus too. The wife got 4.4% pay increase too.

A hell of a lot of people got pay rises maybe you need to retrain so you can find a job paying you enough to live in SCD....

So is it Google employee of the month on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

So is it Google employee of the month on here?

na im the ghost of Charlie haughey don't ya know :rolleyes:

Google couldn't afford to hire me. they did try to headhunt me mind you.

D3PO wrote: »
    na im the ghost of Charlie haughey don't ya know :rolleyes:

Google couldn't afford to hire me. they did try to headhunt me mind you.

Pity they missed your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So some idiots on even this thread
    I see you come from the "How to make friends and alienate people" school of life.

No insults please.

Victor wrote: »
    I see you come from the "How to make friends and alienate people" school of life.

No insults please.

haha..now cmon like its a two way street here, or have you missed all the ones thrown my way?

haha..now cmon like its a two way street here, or have you missed all the ones thrown my way?

No one has insulted you. We all just want to politely inform you that you are wrong about everything and a little stupid it seems

No one has insulted you. We all just want to politely inform you that you are wrong about everything and a little stupid it seems

So a little stupid isnt an insult then? Well like I said in a few months we will see who is a little stupid...
    Even all the google and facebook employees in dub cant fill all the houses...and sustain this rental market.
    And anyhow if you beileve im wrong and stupid, then why argue the point with me..what would that make you..arguing with a stupid man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

In fairness he's not wrong about everything - South County Dublin property prices are high.

For a reason. It's a nice place to live and there's not many decent houses for sale or rent there. Same as Mayfair.

IMHO this has been the best thread on this forum since the "...what makes a good tenant..." debacle a while back!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement