Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property websites manipulating the housing market.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

Need4House wrote: »
    So a little stupid isnt an insult then? Well like I said in a few months we will see who is a little stupid...
    Even all the google and facebook employees in dub cant fill all the houses...and sustain this rental market.
    And anyhow if you beileve im wrong and stupid, then why argue the point with me..what would that make you..arguing with a stupid man?

I'm trying to educate you but I think you're a lost cause...

Not only do you clearly not understand the current property market, you also don't seem to understand a little humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If all the rental properties were empty, wouldn't the price be going down?

The opposite is happening. People are climbing over eachother to find rental properties. Hand in your notice on your current month place, and try to find another one comparable. Talk to me then about the massive oversupply, empty domestic units and false market.

Ireland is full of one off landlords, and landlords with less than 5 properties. It's not a cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Need4House

Ortiz wrote: »
    I'm trying to educate you but I think you're a lost cause...

Not only do you clearly not understand the current property market, you also don't seem to understand a little humour

Im about the funniest guy in Dub..I mean I bet you dont even see the irony in naming yourself after the guy who married the worlds biggest ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

So a little stupid isnt an insult then? Well like I said in a few months we will see who is a little stupid...
    Even all the google and facebook employees in dub cant fill all the houses...and sustain this rental market.
    And anyhow if you beileve im wrong and stupid, then why argue the point with me..what would that make you..arguing with a stupid man?

All the Google and Facebook employees (and Dell, Microsoft, Salesforce etc. etc.) aren't renting.

They're buying.....(wait for it)......

In South Dublin.......(wait for it).....

Hence the rising prices.....

pwurple wrote: »
    If all the rental properties were empty, wouldn't the price be going down?

The opposite is happening. People are climbing over eachother to find rental properties. Hand in your notice on your current month place, and try to find another one comparable. Talk to me then about the massive oversupply, empty domestic units and false market.

Ireland is full of one off landlords, and landlords with less than 5 properties. It's not a cartel.

the landlords aint the cartel..its the letting agents the landlords are employing to rent their properties that are acting as a cartel. "Hand in your notice on your current month place, and try to find another one comparable" yeah i think maybe it would be best if I did that the other way around...
    Anyhow back in 2007 all over this country there was supposedly an overdemand for houses..remember..all those estates thrown up everywhere, for all the millions of people coming to live in rural Ireland where there is bugger all but turf. And you couldnt negotiate even on those houses, they aganets wouldnt budge 5%...and im the stupid one am I. the same places have gone to rack and ruin over the last 5 years over the head of all the highly intelligent folks here.
    Dublin is just a microcosm of ireland as a whole. yes there are a few big Internet companies here...not a whole hell of a lot else though.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    All the Google and Facebook employees (and Dell, Microsoft, Salesforce etc. etc.) aren't renting.

They're buying.....(wait for it)......

In South Dublin.......(wait for it).....

Hence the rising prices.....

Good you can all go round eachothers houses and play world of warcraft togeather.

Good you can all go round eachothers houses and play world of warcraft togeather.

Nah, we'll be drinking Pinot Grigio and trying to decide how we can best take over the South Dublin property market.

don't tell anyone though, it's supposed to be a secret.

And the best thing is.....we're going to let estate agents take all the blame

:D

In fairness he's not wrong about everything - South County Dublin property prices are high.

For a reason. It's a nice place to live and there's not many decent houses for sale or rent there. Same as Mayfair.

IMHO this has been the best thread on this forum since the "...what makes a good tenant..." debacle a while back!

So your comparing south Dub to Mayfair..is that the one in London or the top shelf magazine because you'd be about as far off on both counts... Did I say the irish had unrealistic expectations already. Oh yeah this is where the million euro one bed apartments were selling in the boom.

Nah, we'll be drinking Pinot Grigio and trying to decide how we can best take over the South Dublin property market.

don't tell anyone though, it's supposed to be a secret.

And the best thing is.....we're going to let estate agents take all the blame

:D

My word old boy you do sound like a south sider. It is Irelands answer to Mayfair dont you know.

Maybe i should look for a job with one of the internet giants, like everyone else seems to have on this theread...but id have to get down to around 8 stone in weight, get a recceding hairline, get short sited, becaome useless with the opposite sex and develop and a personality disorder.
    i guess its not about house prices afterall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭josip

Maybe i should look for a job with one of the internet giants, like everyone else seems to have on this theread...but id have to get down to around 8 stone in weight, get a recceding hairline, get short sited, becaome useless with the opposite sex and develop and a personality disorder.

You may not have to work as hard on the last bit as the others.
    This thread is great.
    I'm off to bed now; I have school in the morning too.

josip wrote: »
    You may not have to work as hard on the last bit as the others.
    This thread is great.
    I'm off to bed now; I have school in the morning too.

School...what type of snotty nose kid follows threads on the property market...and yeah im working on the personality disorder, glad you spotted that, hopefully before much longer ill fit in rightly around here.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, most companies in the tech business want people that can analyse available data and come to a correct conclusion.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, most companies in the tech business want people that can analyse available data and come to a correct conclusion.

Yes analysing data, such an important contribution to the world economy...well done you. No I was thinking more of a schoolyard bully type of position where I could go around the office throwing spitballs at geeks all day.

Yes analysing data, such an important contribution to the world economy...well done you..

Well...yes...it's how business works, rather than going around making decisions based on completely unfounded and somewhat moronic assumptions.
    No I was thinking more of a schoolyard bully type of position where I could go around the office throwing spitballs at geeks all day..

You'd be well suited for that if it wasn't for your somewhat (no doubt unintended) comedic talents.

well....it's been fun but some of us have a World of Warcraft tournament in the morning.

Ater that I have to meet with the 'Keep the Southside rents high and property prices rising' committee so I want to be sharp.

Off to bed I go.

(I love my silk Tommy Hilfiger sheets)

Lucky you. I'm still stuck getting a regexp replace feature implemented in a JTextArea for a Tier 1 in Sandyford :(

Well...yes...it's how business works, rather than going around making decisions based on completely unfounded and somewhat moronic assumptions.

You'd be well suited for that if it wasn't for your somewhat (no doubt unintended) comedic talents.

You mean the world economy thats been tit5 up for the last 7 years and counting..Id call you a paper pusher but your not that active. Sorry to dissapoint you, I know when im taking the p155...but in your case I aint joking. Oh you number crunching genius..what would we all do without you.

well....it's been fun but some of us have a World of Warcraft tournament in the morning.

Ater that I have to meet with the 'Keep the Southside rents high and property prices rising' committee so I want to be sharp.

Off to bed I go.

(I love my silk Tommy Hilfiger sheets)

Hilfiger in 2013...knew you were a cluless IT geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yippee Friday tomorrow. Cucumber sandwiches and Preseco for lunch.
    Followed by a game if south side monopoly

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Yippee Friday tomorrow. Cucumber sandwiches and Preseco for lunch.
    Followed by a game if south side monopoly

Yes old chap, you would think so wouldnt you fwa fwa fwa. Ive seen plenty of smack heads up in the southside though...hardly kensington and Chlsea is it...Like I said the Dub's are away with the fairys when it comes to how desirable the place actually is and ive lived all over the world, so I know what a desirable spot looks like..and this is bog standard suburbia..at best..but in most other countries the drug addicts keep to their own back yards and dont wander around all over the place..or is it because there is well established council estates all over the south side and not just the north side..I live over the road from one, and would gladly live there but for the 10 year waiting list, but the place does have its heroin addicts, the pub near hear has a needle bin..not the mark of a property hot spot, funny enough...this is your desirable hot spot is it? dont make me laugh. Its on the bus route and thats all it has going for it.

... ive lived all over the world...

Anywhere in particular?

Anywhere in particular?
    All over would equate to nowhere in particular. What do you think all over means? no more infantile questions from school kids. Youll be asking my name and address next.

Youll be asking my name and address next.

Nah, that would be against boards rules.

For the purposes of the mortgage application are you a single or double income family?
    If you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

pub near hear has a needle bin..not the mark of a property hot spot, funny enough...this is your desirable hot spot is it? dont make me laugh. .

What Pub is that? it doesn't sould like a hot spot, me thinks our idea of where south Dublin is, is different than yours. name the pub or I 'm calling your bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

This is insane. Why he hasn't been banned at this point is amazing. Why are people feeding him still

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    This is insane. Why he hasn't been banned at this point is amazing. Why are people feeding him still

He was mildly amusing last night.

I may have had a few drinks though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

This thread is great! Come back Need4House, I would like to hear more of your views.

The OPs personal touch might need a bit of improvement but it was interesting to hear a different perspective to the norm.
    She did remain on topic most of the way along and I wasn't sure at the end whether she was trolling or just venting a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

She did remain on topic most of the way along

If the topic was

Tax avoidance by using Intellectual property charges to offset taxably liability due corporation tax

America defaulting in the next few months

Landlords not being allowed to make any profits in an auturety led economic period etc

then yep was on topic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement