Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in South Africa (Cape Town)

Options
  • 24-10-2013 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi - I have an opportunity to go and work in Cape Town on a contract for 12 months. Which all sounds wonderful (but beneath that is the hidden problem of only being able to find 4 months work in the past two years after searching all day, every day for it) and I've worked overseas before - though not in the southern hemisphere - and I'm not overly worried about getting on a plane.

I'm a bit hesitant because I hear so many stories about crime, murder, etc. in SA and I'm just trying to find some people who have first hand experience of the place to allay my concerns.

If you've worked and/or lived in SA in recent years and have any experience or advice for me, please let me know. Positive or negative. What should I seek out? What should I avoid? Where to live? What are the people like, etc. Especially with relation to Cape Town. The job is in an area called Pinelands in Cape Town.

Advertisement