Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best website for selling 2nd hand stuff?

• 24-10-2013 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Am looking to sell off some "stuff" which has accumulated in our house over the last 10 years or so. Mainly kid's toys, bikes, guitars, etc. None of it's very valuable but wouldn't making a few quid from it if possible. Any advice from experienced users of the various online sites that are out there as to which one is the best, easiest, most economical to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi,

Am looking to sell off some "stuff" which has accumulated in our house over the last 10 years or so. Mainly kid's toys, bikes, guitars, etc. None of it's very valuable but wouldn't making a few quid from it if possible. Any advice from experienced users of the various online sites that are out there as to which one is the best, easiest, most economical to use?

Www.adverts.ie is free and easy to use. Prepare for a lot of people to annoy you on it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mandylevo

Adverts.ie is your best bet, hugely popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Seems to me that both the seller and Paypal were a bit paranoid. Can I ask if you had any trouble getting a courier. ? Is it as simple as booking one online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hi,

If you want to reach a worldwide audience , and sell , then use eBay .- For larger item difficult to post , try adverts / done deal / gumtree / buyand sell/ local reader / etc

But other than eBay , expect scammers and time-wasters .

This is only from my own experience , and I started selling household items in 2005 .
    At the time I found auction selling better than 'buy it now ''

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fooster King

Not thinking "worldwide" but thanks for the tips - will definitely take them on board. Might try adverts.ie for one or two bits and if I'm getting too much hassle will go down the ebay route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

adverts definitely the way to go. Really easy to use and communicate with buyers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not thinking "worldwide" but thanks for the tips - will definitely take them on board. Might try adverts.ie for one or two bits and if I'm getting too much hassle will go down the ebay route.

Click on the 'adverts' link in my signature , and read through the 38 comments for the mobile phone i was selling .

Every single potential buyer turned out to be a time-waster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Done deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

recipio wrote: »
    Seems to me that both the seller and Paypal were a bit paranoid. Can I ask if you had any trouble getting a courier. ? Is it as simple as booking one online ?

Doh...... sorry , wrong post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mandylevo

adverts has general feedback on profiles if you want to check the reliability of users asking for your items just read through the feedback, thats one of the best features on adverts you don't have to entertain the timewasters

• Advertisement
Advertisement