Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Capcom's as yet unnamed new FG" discussion thread

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:03am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yoshinori Ono ✔ @Yoshi_OnoChin
    Hahaha~ we're making preparation for development in just now. :D RT @maximilian_ Capcom making a new fighting game? The answer is Capcom All

So, looks like Capcom are doing something new... about time! Hopefully for next gen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

sfxt 2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Interesting how this gels with that recent shareholders report, that Capcom were planning to internalise their development again (after DMC, I'd guess). Wonder will they hire an FG expert (in case you don't know, the company DIMPS that SF4 was outsourced to for a lot of development was founded by the guys who came up with SF1).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Capcom VS Capcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Consumers VS Shareholders

Billionaire Fighting 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting how this gels with that recent shareholders report, that Capcom were planning to internalise their development again (after DMC, I'd guess). Wonder will they hire an FG expert (in case you don't know, the company DIMPS that SF4 was outsourced to for a lot of development was founded by the guys who came up with SF1).

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/393257221284315136
    I want.... no, Capcom wants Game Designer and programer for New Fighting Game. Its location at Tokyo or Osaka Studio. http://p.twipple.jp/eA5ef

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Needs more MK :p

As much as a new Capcom fighter sounds great, this shred of info isn't quite enough to get me excited yet. I'll wait for more details first.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Well, it ain't Darkstalkers anyway. Wonder if it'd actually be a new IP, or a new iteration of an existing one, like Marvel, or something much older, like Rival Schools.

I'd forgotten about Rival Schools. I'd quite like to see that return from the dead, although I don't reckon it's 3D arenas would work to well with Capcom's crowd these days.

... Also, didn't they make Star Gladiator too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The guy who made rival schools was just talking publicly about how he'd love to make a new one.

Is rival schools in the sf universe? I have a vague recollection that one if the schools is sakuras.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Yeah, she cameo'd in the first one. Don't know whether it's considered to be canon or not, but she's written as a friend of two of the girls.

Rival Schools seems pretty flexible in that regard; in Project X Zone, Batsu from Rival Schools and Xiaoyu from Tekken know each other as well.

• Advertisement

Not that it would really have to be canon to SF though, as Capcom seem to fight against absolutely everyone, regardless of how silly it may seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rival School is loosely in universe with SF. Not as tight as with something like Final Fight, but Ran Hibiki from Project Justice is sort of hinted to be related to Dan in some way.

Either way, this announcement from Ono is so vague there's pretty much nothing to discuss about it aside from what game we'd like.

Out of all the Capcom licenses I'd like to see made I actually think Rival Schools would be my favorite right now. I'd like to see them try their hand at a 3D fighter in the wake of MvC3 and SF4/SFxT, so I'd be content to let Darkstalkers sit on the back burner.

Advertisement