Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fans of the Hobbit movie???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Genghiscol

Cant wait for the introduction of Bard and barrels out of bond, loved that part of the chapter, but most of all Boern..... that will be coolness incarnate =D all in all cant wait for the next film. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I enjoyed the hobbit but the more I go back to it the less I liked it. Like so many completely superfluous scenes and characters, especially that gobsheen radaghast. And the dwarves, who repeatedly have to be saved by the same guy. I wonder if anyone's made a fan edit that's about 40 minutes shorter? The theatrical edition felt like the extended cut!

Despite this negativity I still quite enjoyed the hobbit and have no problem plonking down €12 for Jackson's version. He could make another 5 and that'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I enjoyed the hobbit but the more I go back to it the less I liked it. Like so many completely superfluous scenes and characters, especially that gobsheen radaghast. And the dwarves, who repeatedly have to be saved by the same guy. I wonder if anyone's made a fan edit that's about 40 minutes shorter? The theatrical edition felt like the extended cut!

Despite this negativity I still quite enjoyed the hobbit and have no problem plonking down €12 for Jackson's version. He could make another 5 and that'd be fine.

yep, I agree...that's why watching it only once is enough to preserve the good feelings :)

Advertisement