Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redford graveyard

Options
  • 24-10-2013 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone know why the graveyard is been used as a short cut to a building site.This graveyard is always very well looked after but with the heavy rain and lorries going up and down its leaving tyre marks on the small road in the graveyard.
    I find it very disrespectful,anyone have any information on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

junior c wrote: »
    Anyone know why the graveyard is been used as a short cut to a building site.This graveyard is always very well looked after but with the heavy rain and lorries going up and down its leaving tyre marks on the small road in the graveyard.
    I find it very disrespectful,anyone have any information on this?

Not sure - Maybe ask a councillor

http://www.wicklow.ie/Apps/WicklowBeta/TownCouncils/gtcMembers.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 junior c

Thanks for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

junior c wrote: »
    Thanks for the link :)
    Are you talking about the graveyard just past Redford Park? There is a permit to landfill the lower part of this graveyard and has been used to bring up the level of the ground. It is not a short cut to a building site.

Activities:

Construction and Demolition Waste Management and Recycling. Lorry and Machine Hire. Site Clearance and Supply of Material from 4" down to Blinding, Recycled Screened Topsoil, Sand, Gravel etc

Compliant with:

EPA Licence Landfill W0048-01
    Wicklow Waste Collection Permit WCP 5
    Dublin Waste Collection Permit DCP 21-5
    Wicklow County Council Waste Permit
    - Currently operation 2 permited facilities (Redford, Greytones - WP 255 and Kilmurray - WP 295)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marrakesh-Ltd/191542647632?v=info

No,it looks like they are building a house,there seems to be a gap in a row of houses and it's there that the lorries are going to,it's in the lefthand side of the graveyard,between the grotto and the leftside boundary of the graveyard.Think the estate on the left is Seaview.

There is a house being built by Wicklow County Council in a garden of Seaview Cottages and the trucks are using the cemetery as you say for entry to the site.

• Advertisement

So would I be right in thinking because CC are building it they dont need permission,I think its a sad state of affairs that consecrated ground can you be used like this :(
    Thanks for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    There is a house being built by Wicklow County Council in a garden of Seaview Cottages and the trucks are using the cemetery as you say for entry to the site.

Why would wcc be building a house in the garden of a private house in seaview cottages..whats going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The echo is happening again.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maudi wrote: »
    Why would wcc be building a house in the garden of a private house in seaview cottages..whats going on here?

Please stop using that app. I have to delete a lot of your duplicate posts

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The original house and garden is belonging to WCC as it happens, most other houses in Seaview are privately owned alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Some of those private houses may still be council houses from years back:D

Advertisement