Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Man- Hitler Birthday Cake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Every person has a right to a private opinion, it makes no difference how off the wall that opinion is. That opinion only becomes an issue when you try force it upon others.
    KCLR got that man on the radio to talk about his opinion and then they(KCLR) are "shocked" at his reasons.
    Two things pop up here,
    1 KCLR are not that naive, what did they expect? RESULT, they got nationwide publicity.
    2 Controversial interviews are never broadcast "live" KCLR could have edited or pulled the interview. RESULT, they got nationwide publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The only way I would be more disturbed is if someone came forward and expressed admiration for Sue Nunn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I don't know if anyone else recalls this, but a few years back the Kilkenny People were covering attempts by Waterford council to extend its boundary into parts of South KK. The editorial called for calm & for common sense to prevail, while in the very same edition, there was a cartoon of Hitler superimposed on a map of the KK / Waterford border, with accompanying references to a landgrab.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Is the man the full shilling? He was interviewed by nunn purely for ratings. He was allowed ramble on until he mentioned spoiling the economy but she did ask probing questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Rantan wrote: »
    [QUOTE=....... child trafficking is rife amongst the Roma people.......

wow...what a thing to say....based on your personal research is it? how can you justify that?

Actually if you do a bit of reading yourself you will see that there is elements within that community as with others that are known to be involved in something as bad as child trafficking it's not something I'm assuming off the whim. So yes it is a thing to say because it is true and forgive me for not sticking in a link for you to follow I'm sure your not that lazy where you can't research it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

This thread has gone from this...
    ullstein_high_nazi-swastika-cake.jpg

to this...
    1282254042464.JPEG

to this..
    images.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

S28382 wrote: »
    Are you for real? they didnt steal any child they acted in the manner that they had to as child trafficking is rife amongst the Roma people. If the cops didnt act there would be uproar about them doing nothing.

Can you back up this claim with a credible link? If not I will have to ban you for racism.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Can you back up this claim with a credible link? If not I will have to ban you for racism.

Apologies if this is posting out of turn, as you didn't ask me for a link, but thought this was a very interesting document on the Pdf on this link, not from an anti-Roma stand point, quite the opposite and completely justifies saying trafficking is an issue within Roma communities.

www.osce.org/odihr/18813

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Apologies if I've misunderstood something but that document deals with Roma victims but my understanding of S28382's post is that the Romas were the ones doing the trafficking.

Maybe I have taken this too far off topic. Apologies if this is, and feel free to delete as required.

From linked document

Last paragraph dealing with Macedonia suggests issue can be with neighbours, older kids, elders and relatives. So the Roma themselves.

First paragraph dealing with Serbia offers up idea that every Roma community has group controlling ALL that goes on in their community. It would be a fair assumption that that means everything, and not everything apart from exploitation of children.

Last paragraph of Child begging suggests Roma parents have been known to give their children to traffickers, perhaps unknowingly but the children are still gone.

Last line of social marginalization of Roma acknowledges some Roma are involved in trafficking (though not disproportionately large number).

Purely devils advocate. None of this is written, as far as I can tell from a racist viewpoint, but could all be used as reference that Roma are involved in trafficking their own children or other members of their own community. Perhaps in small numbers, perhaps not. That trafficking is rife? It clearly is a huge issue, so surely rife could be considered an acceptable term. I don't see anything S28382 wrote as racist, blunt and using very broad brush strokes maybe but accusation of racism seems just as blunt to me.

• Advertisement

This from Michael Moran, Assistant director of Interpol's human trafficking and child exploitation section (Comments made on RTE’s Morning Ireland programme.)

“Yes, there is a problem with human trafficking within the Roma community. But it’s a problem that the Roma community themselves have acknowledged. And they work... to try and deal with these issues.”

“By their very nature, the migration habits of the Roma people, which have been in existence since time immemorial; those migration habits are susceptible to trafficking, [AS WELL AS]the fact that there is within their community the problem of organised street gangs, child street gangs, theft gangs, organised begging, forced marriages, child marriages within their community.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Purely devils advocate. None of this is written, as far as I can tell from a racist viewpoint, but could all be used as reference that Roma are involved in trafficking their own children or other members of their own community. Perhaps in small numbers, perhaps not. That trafficking is rife? It clearly is a huge issue, so surely rife could be considered an acceptable term. I don't see anything S28382 wrote as racist, blunt and using very broad brush strokes maybe but accusation of racism seems just as blunt to me.

First thanks for that document, an interesting but sad read. That so much damage is inflicted by parts of a community on the community itself is always so terrible, but I do wish that more people would remember that the Roma are not alone in this, how many people suffered in Ireland from the actions of the community 'leaders' during the last century?

As regards the racism issue, paedophilia was a huge issue within Irish society, but if an Irish person living abroad had had their child removed from them on some flimsy evidence and the idea that paedophilia is rife within the Irish community I would certainly consider that racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Ban me all you want havoc I won't loose any sleep over it I'm not going to link a single thing just because some one else is not bothered to look for something themselves.

Your very quick off the mark with threats of bans and infractions when there is no need. I did not abuse no one nor was I aiming to be what you would call racist.

So you can either ban me or stop with your unwarranted threats you seem to put your mod hat on very aggressively I see you don't do nicey nice.

S28382 wrote: »
    Ban me all you want havoc

Fair enough. I don't have to google anything, I've better things to be doing, you made the statement, you back it up. 1 week ban for ignoring mod instruction.

pueblo wrote: »
    This thread has gone from this...
    ullstein_high_nazi-swastika-cake.jpg

to this...
    1282254042464.JPEG

to this..
    images.jpg

to this

lwh0lv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What bakery did this guy get the cake in?

I'd say the picture was one of those print your own decorating kits his daughter did for him, only guessing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Sponge25

Big deal, Hitler in a party hat cake.

Anyone who finds that offensive is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Big deal, Hitler in a party hat cake.

Anyone who finds that offensive is an idiot.

Depends on context. I've seen an israeli comedy show where they ripped the piss out of jewish culture, similar to self depreciating irish comedians slagging off ireland. anyone else doing it would be seen as racist etc...

The old saying goes tragady + time = comedy!

Having said that if cake man was trying to express frustration at failures of the irish state then comedy is no defence for borrowing another cultures tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

The bakery would only have been following customer request. Can't really turn away business

• Advertisement
Advertisement