Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akamai NetSession Client alert

Options
  • 24-10-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I get a Windows Security Alert advising that Windows firewall has blocked some features of this program and giving options to keep blocking etc. etc. The name is Akamai NetSession Client - does anyone know what this is or should I permanently block it? I only started to get this message in the last day or so and I select 'Ask me Later' option pending clarification. Thanks in advance for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's perfectly fine, one of your applications uses it - see if it's on this list:

http://www.akamai.com/html/customers/customer_list.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

advertsfox wrote: »
    It's perfectly fine

Perfectly fine? I suppose, you have not read their privacy statement which states that Akamai is involved in the "collection, use or disclosure of personally identifiable information", including IP address. The policy also states "data may be stored by Akamai for an extended period". As such, accessing a website hosted on Akamai servers results in tracking.
    advertsfox wrote: »
    one of your applications uses it

Not just one of your applications, guess who else is using "it". Click here.

OK, I'll grab my tinfoil hat. :D

Advertisement