Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

33hp or 25kws

• 24-10-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, My son was refused his driving test yesterday because his Cert says bike has been restricted to 33hp. Tester said Cert had to say 25kws, is this not the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

geez, that sucks..

interesting one though.. it probably should be said in kW (33.5hp = 25kW), as thats how power is represented in all the legal docs etc, but a restriction cert is not a legal doc..

I surprised he even had to present a cert - I just had to sign a letter saying it was restricted, no proof necessary. Was he asked for one, or volunteered it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Wossack wrote: »
    geez, that sucks..

interesting one though.. it probably should be said in kW (33.5hp = 25kW), as thats how power is represented in all the legal docs etc, but a restriction cert is not a legal doc..

I surprised he even had to present a cert - I just had to sign a letter saying it was restricted, no proof necessary. Was he asked for one, or volunteered it?

Anyone who took took their test prior to 19th January wouldn't have been asked to prove restriction as it was the riders signature on the form to say it was that covered the rsa. Since the changes came in proof is required that the bike comes within the requirements for the category you are doing. Cert must say 25 kW as 33bhp is under the minimum requirement for the A2 test.
    They still can't physically check the bike though.

Advertisement