Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Fatpipe 24 versus Vodafone Simply Broadband Max

• 24-10-2013 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm currently a Magnet broadband customer but have decided to look around.

I'm paying €35 for Magnet Fatpipe 24 which offers up to 24Mb broadband unmlimited but there is the controversy of their throttling policy.

Vodafone Simply Broadband Max offers up to 70Mb and a fair usage of 300GB a month for €35 as well.

Anyone have any experience of these two companies? Reckon Vodafone are better or should I stick with Magnet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

For what it's worth, I have Maget Fatpipe 24 and I wouldn't be thrilled with it. The Technicolor modem/router that they send out is ok'ish with a wired connection but drops constantly with wireless. This can be remedied by turning off the wireless and using your own router, but that means adding more hardware to the equation. I haven't experience any throttling yet but have not been with them long enough to see it. The speeds are definitely not in the region of 24mb though. Fibre has just launched in our area and I'm thinking of jumping ship to Eircom of all people. The deals they are doing currently are not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I was going to ask the very same question. Trying to decide between the two. Can't get UPC in my area

Advertisement