Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importation of Medicines

Options
  • 24-10-2013 12:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this question, but I couldn't find any pharmacy-related forum. If someone needs to move, please do.

I order Regaine (Minoxidil) online every couple of months. MinoxidilI receive it from a reputable website, which sells health & beauty and medicines across the world. It's a massive company - suffice to say it's a legit company.

I received a letter last week from the Irish Medicines Board informing me that they had intercepted my latest order and that what I was doing was illegal.

They requested that I inform them of the source of the products.

My question is:
    1. Is what I'm doing really illegal?
    2. If so, why is it illegal if it's an OTC drug here (I only buy it online as it's cheaper and handier)
    3. Do they have the right to request information from me.

I'm not even sure why they requested the information from me. It's fairly obvious from the label and from opening the package (brochures inside) where I got it. And I presume they opened the package if they knew what was inside.

My guess is that they're just trying to scare people from buying online.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291790
    Update May 22nd 2009
    Due to the possible legal implications, discussion about Online Pharmacies is not allowed. There is no way to verify the legitimacy of any drugs (even over the counter) bought online, and importing prescription drugs into Ireland is illegal (even if you have a prescription).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement