Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall Tuesday 29 October

Options
  • 24-10-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I think they are showing the something that happened in Ongar a few weeks ago,they were filming up there the other day.

Its probably worth keeping an eye out incase you notice anything

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

I've noticed with Crimecall that they tend to recreate events that happened months ago - wonder was it a recreation of a Dunnes robbery or something? Do you know specifically whereabouts they were filming, Kev? Thanks for the info. I haven't heard anything about shop robberies lately, but that's not to say they haven't happened. I tend to get most of my info about this place (Ongar) from boards! It might be about something completely different anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

yeah I should have mentioned that they we filming in the now closed to cars "Rat" road between the entrance between Allendale and Ongar..

It could be something to do with that fellow getting assaulted and robbed..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah I heard it was a mugging that got quite violent along that road. I don't know when it happened though.

Scary stuff.

Kev. wrote: »
    yeah I should have mentioned that they we filming in the now closed to cars "Rat" road between the entrance between Allendale and Ongar..

It could be something to do with that fellow getting assaulted and robbed..

Thanks for the update. I hadn't even heard about that assault. Hopefully whatever they broadcast will help someone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

That road is dodgy as hell. You are taking some chance strolling through there late at night alone. Unfortunate, but them's the times we live in:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Be careful dodzy, you'll be rebuked now for daring to suggest that that road is anything but safe :rolleyes:

You were right, Kev - just saw an ad for tonight's Crimecall (the show will be on at 10:30 pm) and an attack on a student on her way home is going to be discussed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

only saw this thread now and turned over to RTE1 to see it - how horrific. I hadn't heard about the incident previously.

To think scumbags like that are lurking in our neighbourhood - I often run down that lane at night but to think this happened in daylight - hope they catch the bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sorry I hadnt seen this thread when commenting on the NHW thread

Everyone should check the attacker description and try and recall the date, Tuesday Sept 17th, I didnt catch the time but as the victim was leaving supervised study I would guess 5-6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Is Crimecall not available on the RTE player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Sorry I hadnt seen this thread when commenting on the NHW thread

Everyone should check the attacker description and try and recall the date, Tuesday Sept 17th, I didnt catch the time but as the victim was leaving supervised study I would guess 5-6pm

Yeah we were told it happened at 6pm and the attack lasted 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Arciphel wrote: »
    Is Crimecall not available on the RTE player?

I was thinking the same thing when I looked for it on the RTE player, Seems stupid not to repeat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing when I looked for it on the RTE player, Seems stupid not to repeat it.

No its not available online or repeated. I queried this before with crime call as I wanted to rewatch some footage but was told it wasn't repeated/online for legal reasons

Just saw an ad for Crimecall and it reminded me of this thread. Did anyone ever hear if the person who attacked the student was identified after the show? Long time ago now I know, but just wondering.

Advertisement