Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming Swell...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Check the article on magic seaweed

Has photos of the bodyboard and those who attempted to paddle it

rodento wrote: »
    Check the article on magic seaweed

Has photos of the bodyboard and those who attempted to paddle it

Check out the wipe out at the end of this

http://magicseaweed.com/news/more-from-the-might-of-the-hercules-storm/5962/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any reports of dammage to reefs, was lots of rock moved around on Easkey left for instance? It's happened before. Great account of the surfing and good vibes to the local crew on surfline.

Any reports of dammage to reefs, was lots of rock moved around on Easkey left for instance? It's happened before. Great account of the surfing and good vibes to the local crew on surfline.

It'd be more points and beach's with rock defence's I'd be worried about, sand and banks more all the time, be interesting to see the how the damage to the prom in lahinch affects crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I hope the turf bank isn't ripped out of doughmore...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fingers crossed for a mid week run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Yesterday was a perfect day in Clare. After a morning of post storm clean up in Lahinch and Liscannor, we had a lovely, sunny, windless 3-4ft session on my favourite wave. It was heaven with only a few of us out. Lots of perfect waves coming through. Friday afternoon was not bad either as the swell was building. Good couple of days alright

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Saturday morning looking good! Maybe a little windy, but most of the bigger spots will take it. Wahoooo!

What places hold a north westerly wind :/

• Advertisement

I can think of a few in Clare straight away. . . .

Although the current forecast of 6/7m at 15/16secs straight westerly swell will nicely light up one spot that has decent shelter from the predicted wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

The route from Mulranny to Achill is where I'd be headed when it gets northerly

It was a rhetorical question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

It was a rhetorical question

ahahaah! oh my, you really got me there, how embarrassing ....i so stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

The North westerly winds seem to shape the waves in Clare into big chunky fat waves, easy to surf....

Maybe so, but with the speeds forecast for the weekend, shelter or favourable direction (but mostly shelter) will be the key

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Ohh have you not traveled this fine country on a search mission!!?? The spots will be working, plenty of them, ya just gotta know where (and how) to look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 the waterman

i think everyone should go to clare sounds awesome,i will just hang around boring ol mayo and sligo lol..

Advertisement