Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Global Games, London 2014: Nets vs Hawks

• 24-10-2013 12:39pm

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this.

I was looking into this a while back, and decided to recheck again yesterday. Was surprised to see it was done and dusted with tickets meant to launch this month.
    News launched in late June so I probably last checked a day or so before it as that wasn't long after the season ended and I checked after the finals.

I actually did hear about the ''Global Games'' and ''London'' at the start of preseason but thought it was a friendly game in London among other places.

Anyone heading over?, shame the Hawks are involved, not much of a pull but the Nets will bring some legends over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this.

I was looking into this a while back, and decided to recheck again yesterday. Was surprised to see it was done and dusted with tickets meant to launch this month.
    News launched in late June so I probably last checked a day or so before it as that wasn't long after the season ended and I checked after the finals.

I actually did hear about the ''Global Games'' and ''London'' at the start of preseason but thought it was a friendly game in London among other places.

Anyone heading over?, shame the Hawks are involved, not much of a pull but the Nets will bring some legends over.

If I can get a ticket, I'm definitely going to go.

I'd say the tickets will be sold out within minutes of going on sale though?

v3ttel wrote: »
    If I can get a ticket, I'm definitely going to go.

I'd say the tickets will be sold out within minutes of going on sale though?

If you want the cheapest tickets of which there's only a few they'll be gone quick(the top tier in the section directly behind the basket, there isn't the same the other end for concert purposes, think Croke Park and the hill)
    Last year, we were top tier in a central position, tbh I'd go for the cheapest ones from experience, don't think you'd be missing anymore.

So apart from that tiny section, you should be ok for a few hours.
    I'd say the Knicks/Pistons was more of a draw aswell. The Knicks are the Knicks and Pistons while not in the greatest shape last year are former Champions.
    While the Nets will pull on the roster, the Hawks won't bulk it up like Detroit did last year.

Having said that, last years game was pretty poor bar a very brief run(in the 3rd) by the Pistons which was quickly crushed.
    This game could only be better.

The biggest worry will be the weather, it's one day off last years event and it was looking likely on game day we'd be snowed in and have the flight cancelled the following day.
    Have to say I was worried waking up that morning.
    I guess this year has been good so far, so fingers crossed January is better next year.

Do you know what time the tickets are being released at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Presale tickets sold out already in the good seats. Only spots left are the top level seats. How bad are they?

Presale tickets sold out already in the good seats. Only spots left are the top level seats. How bad are they?

They're fine tbh.
    It's nowhere like being top tier in say Croke Park.

I'd choose top tier over bottom tier regardless of what's available. The top tier aren't exactly cheap anyway.

EDIT: I took that this year, top tier and about half way back... you can see perfect.

148931_10151242095136903_899482936_n.jpg

• Advertisement

They're fine tbh.
    It's nowhere like being top tier in say Croke Park.

I'd choose top tier over bottom tier regardless of what's available. The top tier aren't exactly cheap anyway.

So I won't be squinting to see who has the ball? That'll do then.

That pic looks perfect, not what I thought the view would be like at all.

No not at all.

Even when we went to the UFC in London a few years back, we were midway up and tbh I regretted paying extra instead of taking the E50 tickets as you could tell you'd have an equally good view from further back(probably even better considering you're not trying to look through the cage)

Considering how steep the prices at these events can be, I'd stick to the upper tier in the O2 unless I won the lotto and money wasn't an option. The difference is very small.

They're fine tbh.

I was a bit worried about being up in the gods as I picked up top tier tickets towards center court, but that view looks great. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey guys, I went to this last year, was a great experience. What's the craic with it this year, what date is it on, where do you buy tickets, is it all sold out etc?

cormie wrote: »
    Hey guys, I went to this last year, was a great experience. What's the craic with it this year, what date is it on, where do you buy tickets, is it all sold out etc?

O2 London, 16th of January, Nets vs Hawks..... I presume it's sold out at this stage (tickets were on sale November 8th, but worth checking just in case).

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    O2 London, 14th of January, Nets vs Hawks..... I presume it's sold out at this stage (tickets were on sale November 8th, but worth checking just in case).

It better not be on the 14th. My flights are for the 16th on, supposedly, the day of the game :)

It better not be on the 14th. My flights are for the 16th on, supposedly, the day of the game :)

Hahahaha, apologies to alarm you. It is the 16th (I only booked my flights for it yesterday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks, will look into it :)

Advertisement