Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch alarm intermittent beeps

Options
  • 24-10-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, hope you aren't all sick to death of this topic. When I bought my house a year ago I had an eircom alarm fitted. I decided not to take out a contract with them. A while ago the alarm has started to give out intermittent alarm beeps, its become more frequent lately. Sometimes it 6 or 7 times a day and night, it is driving us mad at this stage. I've attached a picture of the alarm in question.
    When I press system status on the alarm, it says "system low battery" and also "system communication failure". I removed the battery from the box below the alarm and replaced it with a new one and the fuse appears to be ok. Its a 12V 7aH battery, but this has made no difference. It still continues to beep. I haven't changed the window/ motion sensor batteries yet, as its not given a fault for them.

Anyone know what I can do to stop this, other than taken a hammer to it. I don't have the money to pay eircom 120 euro to come out to it. Want to keep the alarm, just not as a monitored one.

Thanks in advance lads.

Alarm 1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mcdonn

A second picture of inside the panel below the alarm, where the battery lives.

alarm 2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

If it is saying system low battery then it is the battery located in the control panel not the GSM below. These are available from R.E.W. 6V 3.8AH.

The communication failure is the control panel trying to dial P.W.
    They would of turned off the sim once the monitoring had stopped.
    The numbers in the control panel need to be deleted for this to stop.
    This system can also be set up to ring your phone instead of P.W. Two depending on the version installed.

I have sent you a P.M re the engineer code which will hopefully help.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

Hi
    I have the same problem with my system - how can I switch it off?
    It is starting to beep at 4 in the morning - not nice.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 astroman145

hi believe it or not i have a similar problem to but i think one one the window sensors battery is gone as well . when it went off in the middle of the night it said window sensor but in the evening it said system battery is low .the alarm is in about five years now and recently had a service call the engineer said to replace all the batteries and his fee were well over 150 euro .i enquired about turning off the monitoring service and they told me it would cost 110 euro for an engineer to come out what a cheek !!any help would be appreciated

hi believe it or not i have a similar problem to but i think one one the window sensors battery is gone as well . when it went off in the middle of the night it said window sensor but in the evening it said system battery is low .the alarm is in about five years now and recently had a service call the engineer said to replace all the batteries and his fee were well over 150 euro .i enquired about turning off the monitoring service and they told me it would cost 110 euro for an engineer to come out what a cheek !!any help would be appreciated

I sent you a P.M. re the code.
    When you end the monitoring P.W. will send out a letter to call out to delete the numbers programmed that contact the monitoring station.
    These can easily be deleted in engineer mode.
    If you press the status button it should list any faults, if it says system low battery it is the battery in the control panel that needs to be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 astroman145

hi altor
    thanks for the advice but i can,t find the engineer code on the box ,where abouts would it be ?.i have the same box as the gentleman above and i can,t see where the battery would go .believe it or not as i was writing this phonewatch just rang me and said they got a signal from my box saying system low battery and they,ll contact an engineer for me would,nt tell how much it would cost so god knows what the will charge.

hi altor
    thanks for the advice but i can,t find the engineer code on the box ,where abouts would it be ?.i have the same box as the gentleman above and i can,t see where the battery would go .believe it or not as i was writing this phonewatch just rang me and said they got a signal from my box saying system low battery and they,ll contact an engineer for me would,nt tell how much it would cost so god knows what the will charge.

To be honest I would ask them the price before they do send out an engineer.
    When you drop the first lid there is another lid to drop to get at the battery.

I sent you a P.M. re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

hi altor

I wouldn't go messing about with the alarm as it sounds as though you're still monitored by phonewatch.. You could potentially run into issues with your insurance company.

Just to note, if you do finish with the monitoring then your insurance company will need to be informed as your system will become standalone. Especially if you're claiming a discount for a monitored alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DPT56

Hi,

Any chance of that PW engineer code. I have beeping every 4 hours and doing my head in. Unmonitored system like previous pics so a 'simon' I think.

Thanks Derek

• Advertisement

Hi Derek,

We are no longer able to help re engineer codes.
    If you request the code off P.W. they will send out a waver form which will get you the code off them.

What system have you installed?
    DPT56 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any chance of that PW engineer code. I have beeping every 4 hours and doing my head in. Unmonitored system like previous pics so a 'simon' I think.

Thanks Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DPT56

Cheers. I'm worn out !

DPT56 wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm worn out !

You didnt say what system is installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dublinmusic

altor wrote: »
    Hi Derek,

We are no longer able to help re engineer codes.
    If you request the code off P.W. they will send out a waver form which will get you the code off them.

What system have you installed?

Hi

Wondering if you can help. PW basically said all I can do is call an electrician to take it out? Surely their must be a code to disarm it?

Hi

Wondering if you can help. PW basically said all I can do is call an electrician to take it out? Surely their must be a code to disarm it?

More than happy to help out.
    What system have you and what is the problem with the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What system have you? Is it the simon or t.he concord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dublinmusic

altor wrote: »
    More than happy to help out.
    What system have you and what is the problem with the system?

Thanks a lot

It’s model 60-911-010-4-IE by GE - I think that’s called the Simon model?

We ended monitoring some years back. We’re now getting intermittent beeps saying Systems Communication Failure.

Not sure what to do to stop this...

Thanks

Thanks a lot

It’s model 60-911-010-4-IE by GE - I think that’s called the Simon model?

We ended monitoring some years back. We’re now getting intermittent beeps saying Systems Communication Failure.

Not sure what to do to stop this...

Thanks

Systems Communication Failure is the system not communicating with the monitoring station.

You should ring them and get a waiver form to get your engineer code.
    With this is is just a matter of deleting the numbers to stop it dialing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Hi Guys,

I just bought a house, it has an old eircom phonewatch alarm fitted. I wasn’t aware it was a phonewatch alarm until I moved in. Is it pointless setting this as I don’t have any contract with phonewatch, or does it function as a normal house alarm without signing up to a monitored contract? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If you have code you can use for bell only. NB: there is no external bell on system. If kerps bleeping. Could be line fault issue or low sensor pir low batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kieranhalton

Hi

I have the same problem with a Simon XT. Keeps beeping every minute and cannot turn it off. There are no errors and is no longer being monitored by Phonewatch. I recently bought the house with this installed and don't have any codes. Phonewatch saying I need to get an engineer out for 200 euro. Any advice on how to turn off the beeping permanently myself. Thanks in advance.

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Hi

I have the same problem with a Simon XT. Keeps beeping every minute and cannot turn it off. There are no errors and is no longer being monitored by Phonewatch. I recently bought the house with this installed and don't have any codes. Phonewatch saying I need to get an engineer out for 200 euro. Any advice on how to turn off the beeping permanently myself. Thanks in advance.

Kieran

Just remove both AC and battery power from the panel and that's your beeping problem solved.

It's been well highlighted here that if you need codes you contact Phonewatch, sign a waiver and they should provide you with the necessary codes to access the alarm panel installer features.

Hi

Kieran

If you press the status button does it tell you what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jenmcmarshall

Hi all,

I’ve been doing a ton of research on this matter as I have a Phonewatch box that is beeping once every couple of minute and is driving my family and myself mad! We no longer have it monitored and haven’t done so for about 2 years now. I believe the only error showing up on it now is the communications systems failure. I believe our smoke alarm is linked to and it randomly went off the other night and since then the beeping has been constant, we changed the batteries in this in case that was the issue. It didn’t solve anything mind you. We have the same box as the original poster on this thread. Am I right in thinking I just need these engineer codes to stop this? We called them tonight and they maintained that the box is so old that they don’t have the codes and we’ll have to call them back tomorrow to see if they can help us. Any other advice before I call them back? I know very little about this system so any advice whatsoever will be beneficial.

Thank you!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best bet would be to just power it done completely. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.
    If you drop down the lid from the top you will see an inner lid that opens. Open that & remove the mains fuse & the battery.

Advertisement