Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graduating without gown

• 24-10-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Anyone ever graduated from ITB without an academic gown, or seen anyone do the same?

I don't want to hire one, and I don't want to bother going to the conferring if they refuse me for not wearing a gown.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

damomeasa wrote: »
    Anyone ever graduated from ITB without an academic gown, or seen anyone do the same?

I don't want to hire one, and I don't want to bother going to the conferring if they refuse me for not wearing a gown.

You wont be allowed without the gown. its all part of the ceremony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 lydsie

I am considering the same myself. Might not attending my graduation due to the high cost. DIT are charging 80 euro for gown hire.

''The following charge applies. This includes the full cost of hire of academic dress and a contribution to conferring/alumni expenses:

€75 Undergraduate awards
    €80 Postgraduate awards "

It is not possible to attend graduation without a gown

Advertisement